Hello Friends! Thank you, Sallysmom and Stephanie and the others of who dropped by and checked in on us in yet another absence - How kind and thoughtful of you, and it is a perfect reminder of the kindness and friends in the blogging community. ❤
| 'Tis the sunflower season! |
Where to start? I retired from my job on June 10th - My birthday. A perfect day at work, and a nice lunch at an amazing Greek Restaurant that's known for its fresh, modern take on Greek culinary culture. The Doctor that I work (worked?) for, generously ordered practically two of everything on the appetizer, lunch and dessert menu for everyone to try - and I'll confess that I didn't know half of what I was eating, just that it was all delicious! --one page of the menu is below
![]() |
| ~Ree, like me, not energetic on a hot day~ |
Of course, no matter how I may be feeling, there are the dogs to keep me busy. And when I wrote my last post I was anxiously and eagerly awaiting the arrival of Kaboodle, a retired American Foxhound that I'd dreamed of having for more than 5 years. I will end this post on that note, because I want Kaboodle to have his own post that will be posted shortly.
.png)



This new chapter will open up to relaxed days, a new doggie to add to your ones and what a grand farewell, the food sounds delicious and so interesting. Rest lots, a new routine will soon find its way into each day.
ReplyDeleteAfter so many years of work, transition isn't always easy, but just relax and let life happen:)
ReplyDeleteWoos - Misty and Timber
I totally approve of your retirement wardrobe! Comfy, perfect, and only wear nicer clothes when you're going out to eat or somewhere equally worthy. You earned this: It's Saturday every day!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Congrats on your retirement. It always takes time to figure out your new routine, but I'm sure you will find lots of ways to fill your days.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Kim on your retirement and birthday! π Retirement can initially feel a bit like floundering, but new patterns do begin to make sense and feel comfortable with a little time. What a yummy celebration you had!
ReplyDelete