Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cold, Cold, and more Cold!!


We lived in Alaska for 10 years before coming to Virginia and Wisconsin before that, so I know what cold feels like! And "COLD" is exactly what we've had the last few days! Making it worse are high-bitter winds that blew down 2 sets of windchimes (what a noise they made when they fell) and lots of branches down around the property. We took the dogs out this morning, and for some reason, I didn't put my mittens on, which made it a quick walk! They say that if you want the best spot in the house to sit, move the cat. When we came back in our cat CC was on top of the stove--I had turned on the oven, so it was warm, and it was indeed, the best spot in the house!!

9 comments:

  1. Kim, what an adorable picture of your cat. Yup, cats always seem to know the best places! I am reading the book, "Marley and me" and loving it. Makes me think of the retriever my uncle had so many years ago in Ohio, he might have been a good double for marley! Now i am hooked on books about rescued dogs and cats, or anything about pets and what they bring into our lives. thank goodness for online book sellers where I can order any book I want in english and have it delivere right to my doorstep here in Germany. We got new snow this morning and it is quite cold out there, but not as cold as what you have there in VA right now. Brrr, it makes our weather seem like a spring time day! :-) hugs, Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cat loves to jump up on the counter and near the stove. It drives me crazy! I'm worried she's going to jump up on a hot stove. I guess it won't be but once!
    Stay warm,
    Berte

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, its bitterly cold up here as well. Molly has only been out for short periods of time today as well.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at the Christmas card picture and thought maybe you should have been yelling mush or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alaska...great!

    lovely picture of your cat! stay warm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was minue 7 here last night....
    I guess that is nothing compared to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I luv the photo of your dog No9 i think it is of 43 on your photo album. I like photography and you have soime great pics also like the one of the cat on this entry

    ReplyDelete
  8. just shown my son the pics of your dogs in the snow - we think we have our work cut out with two goldies !!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!