Another non-eventful but busy work week coming to an end. I thought Spring was going to remain, but Old Man Winter remains tough and determined and is threatening us with snow flurries for the weekend.
I've been waiting to hear back from the rescue about our foster boys, The Chub Brothers, Bubba and Toby. No, we've not officially adopted them and so they are still 'owned' by the rescue. I've known since they got here last June that they probably weren't going anywhere, but I just never did anything to make sure they would be staying. Then when I wasn't asked for several months about them, along with all that was going on with Hamlet and Tanner, it just was easier to put it all on the back-burner. But I came back onto the rescues radar a couple of weeks ago when I was asked about them, and if or when they would be put up for adoption, since that's the goal. However we're facing a dilemma with Bubba. For one day about every 2 months or so, he'll have 2-3 grand-mal seizures. I've spoken to my vet about them, and I don't feel like it's time yet to put him on medication for them; but I know there may well be a time when the seizures will become more frequent and he will need to be. Along with Toby he is also unable to do flights of stairs.
The 'adoptability' of both dogs in my mind is in question. The Chub brothers are a bonded pair and so one cannot be adopted without the other. Can anyone be found (beside me) willing to take on a pair of 11 year olds that can't do stairs and one that has medical issues? Add to that the expense of nearly $100 monthly for Bubba's medication for arthritis. Having placed dogs for about 10 years now, I have my doubts about someone being found that will fill the needs for both these boys. Thinking ahead, I know that we can't incur the expense of both dogs. But I have offered to adopt Toby and take on his expenses if the rescue will allow Bubba to remain in our home as a 'long term foster dog.' Meaning that he would remain in our home for the rest of his life and all his medical expenses would be paid for by the rescue. I felt it was a fair offer. However I know how the rescue sometimes operates and I know that 'politics' always goes along with this type of thing (which is why I prefer to stay on the sidelines) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I've heard from no one.
In other news, the 'stray cat' that I last saw in January sometime has returned. I was so happy to see it!! It came close to the house so this is the first time I've gotten a really good look at it. I think that it's a pretty cat and a relatively young cat too. And while this picture doesn't really show it, it's a little on the thin side as well. The poor thing was eating the bird seed and stalking birds--So guess what I did? Yes, even though I knew it would run off, I sent Carl out right away with a plate of food for it.