Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bella Waiting and Dreaming

Off early this morning on a little road trip with Bella to Culpeper, which is not far from Charlottesville.  I've been e-mailing with a retired couple about Bella over the last several months. "Retired Couple" spend their winters in Florida, and spring, summer and fall in Virginia.  Unlike some rescues, the Golden Retriever Rescue I volunteer with allows the foster homes to decide who will adopt their dogs from the approved applicants that contact us.  Because of Bella's diva-moments, I'm pretty specific about the kind of home and family that I think will fit her best. And Retired Couple certainly check all those boxes and then some - They loved her, and as you can see in the photo below, the feeling was mutual!  
~Is love in the air with Bella and Retired Couple?~
The only glitch is that the husband is having a hip replacement surgery between now and the middle of June, so they wouldn't be able to adopt Bella until early July.  I asked the adoption coordinator from the rescue her thoughts, and she is suggesting to say to them that "IF she's still available when they're ready, I would love to place Bella with them. However, I need to remember to keep Bella's options open until its time for her adoption."  The Adoption Coordinator is right. I can't imagine anyone else better than Retired Couple who would be more perfect for Bella. But for now I guess we wait and see what happens.  Until we know, Bella is fine here with us, as she waits and dreams about her very own forever home.


I wonder what Todd dreams about?  

24 comments:

  1. I can't understand why the couple would contact you before they're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope that the couple are able to give Bella her forever home. Looking at the photo, they are made for one another !
    Whatever it is Todd is dreaming of, he certainly looks contented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sure do look like they are made for each other...I hope it all works out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Retired Couple sound perfect for Bella and I love how she is looking up at the man, it says a lot. As for Todd, I think he is dreaming about protecting everyone from those critters that roam the outside boundaries of the estate, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am sure the retired couple would be perfect for Bella. I hope she is still available when they are ready in July. Cute photos of Bella and Todd. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my. i wish him a speedy recovery so that they can have that golden girl. it would be good for all of them! nothing like that 'forever' golden smile for an incentive to get better soon!
    and wee todd... it's balls cookies moles pesky intruders... his job never ends. even in his dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful to be wanted. I hope everything works our for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, sweet girl. i hope all goes well with mr. retired couple and they are ready and waiting in july!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet story. I hope they get her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother used to say that things would turn out in the end - I believe this is the case with Bella.
    Good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hope that Bella finds her forever home when the time is right and maybe with the retired couple in July. We think Todd is dreaming of catching a rodent when he gets out in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bella! July isn't too far away. And in the meantime it's good to know you are greatly loved right where you are at.
    Todd, I imagine you are dreaming of "digging"!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Kim, I cannot speak for Todd's dreams or Bella's, but I can tell you that Copper is snoring like a champ right now!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Mom says if it is meant to be, than Bella will be ready for them when they are ready for her. Meanwhile, we know she is very happy right there with you.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a "keeper placing" to me!
    I think Todd is dreaming of his "sweet parents!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Todd has big adventure dreams. And I hope Bella will end up with Retired couple. Just my feeling, but I understand things change. The picture was just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope it all works out for Bella. As for Todd, he dreams of being the King of Golden Pines. BOL

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's a lot more than "fine" with you - she'll have a great time with you until her family is ready for her. I'm glad that they're being realistic because it's tough to care for a dog after a major surgery like that. In the meantime, I know you'll be loving on sweet Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here's hoping the hip replacement goes well. Todd is of course dreaming about dealing with Lions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope Bella gets her new family. It looked like she got along well with the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im sticking my two cents in......the retired couple
    It's love at first sight

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a good fit for Miss Bella!
    Bet Todd is dreaming of chasing rats and eating treats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sure little Todd is dreaming about taking over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know better than most that you are exceptional at finding the perfect match for a dog with diva moments. So happy for Bella!!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!