Monday, May 30, 2016

Carefree Blissfulness?


~Sunset out my window~
It's Memorial Day weekend and it's officially the unofficial start to summer! With the rain and the cooler temps we had for most of the month, I couldn't be happier.
~Cissy's happy about the good weather too!~
This weekend marks the beginning of long days, the lightning bugs which I saw for the first time a few nights ago, ice cream and as a friend put it, "sun-kissed and carefree blissfulness."
~Charlie in a carefree blissful moment~
I'm not so sure about carefree blissfulness, but it has been a pretty good weekend.  Our week long guest, Berkley arrived yesterday.
His reintroductions to our pups was uneventful.  Maybe they remembered him, or maybe they don't care that he's here.  Maybe it's both.  Either way, everyone seems okay that Berkley is here.
~Sunny on the left, Jake in the middle, and Berkley on the right~ 
Despite having a lot of yard work to do, and a few pots of flowers that I have got to get planted, I've not gotten any gardening done.  But I have turned on the garden-hose and let Todd run through the water a few times.
Does that count?

24 comments:

  1. What a happy crew you have, Kim, they all look so pleased with life. Berkley looks as though he's never been away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, seeing all your dogs just makes me smile. They are all so darn cute. The three Goldens standing together is adorable. Wet Todd looks happy and cool. I am happy about the good weather too. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like everyone is happy and blissful at your house! Happy Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that life is utter BLISS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a full week, at least, of this blissfulness! Is Todd the only one who likes the water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch out. You watered a Scottie. He might sprout and you'll have more-and that might not be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo of the three of them... :D
    Yep, carefree bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the perfect weekend for relaxing. All that garden stuff can wait:)

    Happy Memorial Day.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every-one looks so happy, garden watering, well that's a necessity so it counts, at least Todd is so sure it did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the dogs look very content and that's worth smiling about. As for Todd, well who doesn't love to run through the sprinklers?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, I've missed you! I've been running around like crazy, keeping busy and not spending as much time checking out blogs. Good to see that the pack has readily accepted Berkley back in. I miss seeing fire flies-the memories take me back to Tennessee. We've had some nice weather, but still in the season of afternoon rain storms. I'm ready for Summer to stay for good.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of happy doggies here! They sure know how to be carefree and blissful as long as they are well and taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you've got the Todd Seal of Approval. Good weather always makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Memorial Day to you and your sweet furry kids.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like all the pups are having a great weekend. Hope yours was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First things first! Love that last shot of Todd!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, seeing those three dear faces on your deck reminds me of my golden girl. It's hard to believe it's been five years this month since she left us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't visited for ages, many apologies. We've got some lovely weather here, too - doesn't it make a difference?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how easy going your pack is when there is a newcomer (or a returning guest.) Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, turning on the hose for the dogs definitely counts as gardening. Close enough I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always, I love the photos of your dogs. What beautiful animals. Hope you have an awesome summer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Kim! They all look so blissfully happy!! Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You take the best photos. Thank you for checking on me...Love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful post,,, and all the happy goldens!
    And that Todd just makes us smile!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!