Sunday, May 28, 2017

Onward to June!

As I mentioned in my last post, Todd's family reunion ended much too soon.  Getting there late didn't help. But the Mom of "Todd's cousin, Daisy" had asked me if I'd like to stay her and her two (college aged) kids in a nearly 100 year old farmhouse they'd rented for the weekend.
~Todd hoping this isn't where he's sleeping!~
Of course I agreed, and enjoyed getting to know them a bit better.
~Early morning at the farm-house~ 
Back at home, we have welcomed a new foster kitty from the SPCA, named Charlie.  He was only supposed to be with us for a week. But he didn't like the family he was matched with, so that one week has now turned into two. He's afraid of the dogs, and so we're working on slow introductions to them.
This weekend marks the official start of summer, even though the weather has been cool and more spring like with rain and clouds every day.  I'm grateful that the hectic month of May is behind us. I'm also grateful that the circle of family has become a little wider at our house, and we've gotten to meet Molly and Charlie too.
~New Arrival in June, Molly~
Onward we go into June!
~Max!~

14 comments:

  1. Scottie peeps are the second best. Bird peeps rule! What am I saying? My bird peeps are also Scottie peeps. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time was had by all! Good for you. Looking forward to June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful faces looking back at me here this morning.
    as always. and as always they never fail to cheer me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the reunion does sound like fun for you and Todd. Love the shots of Todd, Molly and Max. I hope June will be warmer and sunnier. May was cool and rainy. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all have a wonderful day. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Charlie! I hope Mo is doing well in his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Charlie - all those dogs must be overwhelming. I do hope he will make friends eventually.
    Love the photos of Molly, Max, and Todd on his rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope Charlie figures out how to live peacefully with all the dogs. And let's all hope for a peaceful and sun-filled June.

    Woos - Misty and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. June....brrrr.... -5°C this morning (sounds colder than 23°F) We'll be waiting for the sun to be well and truly up before our walk. However, frosts mean the navel oranges will soon be ready to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked the pic with Todd . . .
    "Is this where I am sleeping?"
    What a fun brief time that must have been.
    Thank you for your visit to the Irish Garden House and your nice message.
    Exciting to think about all the new chapters beginning for my grandson . . .
    He is a sweet young man! (He probably doesn't like me saying he is sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the old farm. Hope the cat gets used to the dogs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Staying in the 100 yr old farmhouse for the reunion sounds like a lot of fun.

    I'm glad that your crew of canines and felines is doing well as we head into summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We hope Charlie comes to like the dogs so maybe he can find a home with one too. Sounds like you had a good time staying at the farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so busy, summer and winter. Hope the stay at the old farm house was restful. You deserve a good rest. Todd probably just like to keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!