Thursday, June 14, 2018

Brandon Arrives at Golden Pines

A busy week as the worrying about Eva continues. There has been some improvement, but not enough to make me feel like we're on firm footing with her. Your continued good vibes for Eva are very much appreciated.

Eva's not feeling well did cause the Foster Home Coordinator for the rescue to hesitate in asking me about taking a new senior boy.  I will admit, I didn't hesitate at all, and agreed to welcome him into our home.  On Tuesday, Brandon arrived at Golden Pines. 
~The trip Home~
At more than 14 years old (his birthday is in January) Brandon was given up by his owner who was moving and couldn't (wouldn't??) take him.  Brandon came into the rescue in the spring, and has been in another foster home, so I don't know much about his past. But I will add here, that the girl that brought Brandon to me and was fostering him, is the same volunteer for the rescue that brought me Jake.  I've not seen her since then, and had forgotten it was her - It was good to catch up with her and tell her about Jake's life with us.  Was this a coincidence or the cosmos?  

But going forward, aside from a few age related issues, Brandon has good general health. 

My camera batteries chose to die at the moment I started taking pictures of his meeting our crew.  So, take my word for it, he was really happy and excited and couldn't stop wagging his tail when he saw them.  So, he is getting along really well with his new packmates, and they like him too. 

It's hard not to like him. Brandon is an affectionate, easy going and gentle old soul.  I am enjoying getting to know him.  And I couldn't help but smile when I watched him try out several of the dog beds to find one he liked as he gets settled into his new life with us. 

Welcome Brandon!
We're glad to have you as part of our lives!

26 comments:

  1. Hello, sending good vibes and well wishes for Eva. A big welcome to Brandon, he is a handsome golden. I am happy to hear he had a nice first meeting with the crew. Cute photos. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon had to find the one bed that was "just right" as Goldilocks said

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who abandons an old dog should be punished by the universe. Brandon looks like a wonderful boy and we're so glad that his final years will be safe and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I can not understand. I will never understand. So glad Brandon is safe.

      Delete
  4. Sending Eva lots of POTP and healing licky kisses
    Hiya Brandon, very pleased to meet you, what a handsome fella you are
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww..... Brandon!!! I can't imagine having a dog for 14 years and then deciding he couldn't come with me when I moved. But there's lots of things I "can't imagine" so this is just one of many. But focus must be placed in the "now" and oh boy, is Brandon a lucky boy. I think it was definitely the "cosmos" that steered him your way, Kim! And Eva will continue to be in my very best thoughts & wishes. Oh these "golden years".... I'm struggling with them too. Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon is definitely a lucky boy to have you and Carl in his life now and lets not forget his new paw friends.
    His previous owner must have had a hard time letting Brandon go, but then again why not take his furry child? Not for us to question I guess. But Brandon is one lucky boy now. TFS> ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandon looks like he has fitted in so well, and so fast. Eva, a heap of wishes for you and her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about Eva, we are adding more sibe vibes and lots of prayers for her. And look at Brandon, what a sweet boy!!! We don't think we have seen an older GR with such a white face, but he is just so handsome. Nice that he is fitting in so well, and bah humbug on his previous owners.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brandon looks like a very sweet boy. we are glad he is with you. We will keep our paws crossed for Eva
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope Eva is feeling better soon - poor baby :( Welcome to Brandon, what a handsome boy. What better of a place to live out his senior years than Golden Pines? I guess that is his prior family's loss and your gain :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes that Eva continues to improve, and what a sweetheart Brandon is! As always, bless you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Healing vibes for Eva - hope she will continue to improve.
    Brandon looks an absolute darling - what a lovely old boy he is. Wishing him a long and happy time with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for Brandon and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Brandon! I love you already. that wonderful face!
    and for Eva... YES.
    we will keep holding only healing thoughts my sweet girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. A happy home for Brandon . .
    Thank goodness . . .
    I do not understand animal abandonment . . .
    How could they ???

    ReplyDelete
  16. We will keep our paws crossed for Eva and are sending a big welcome to Brandon. He is a lucky dog to have landed at your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tears often come to my eyes while reading about some of your pups. but, while reading about Brandon, heartfelt tears of love for him. That sweet face with the little tuffs of hair on his little sugar faced head! And he loves your pack and is so happy to be at golden pines! And then trying out and finding just the right bed and saying to himself, "I am HOME!"... sigh, we have already fallen in love with him! I know he is a foster, but I know how you love your senior golden boys!
    Keeping Eva in our thoughts. I remember when she first came to you and you showed the video of her running around like a young girl. Hopefully , soon we will see her like that again. Positive thoughts.
    Gus' Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh Brandon, you are very cute and sweet. My person keeps making "awwww" noises. What a lucky break you had, coming to live where you are now! Eva, we hope you feel a little better!

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've missed seeing all the pack while I've been away from blogging. There is nothing that perks my heart up more than sharing the good and bad with you. Live goes on...

    ReplyDelete
  20. How often do you hear that story? A FOURTEEN year old wonderful dog who you "can't" take with you. Oh my... stop me before I start saying HBO words.

    In any case, Brandon deserves a human like you. He looks like such a sweetie, and he reminds me of Jake! I bet that you'll enjoy him and fall in love with him like you did Jake!

    POTP for Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brandon is darling. Welcome to a beautiful new buddy! Sweet Eva, along with Charlie, have a firm place in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sweet face!!!! Hi Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome, Brandon :-). So sorry about Eva :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Precious soul!
    adorable photos!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!