Sunday, March 3, 2019

Max's Circle of Trust

Is it really March?  This year is just kind of running by me.

A rainy wet snowfall on Friday morning stayed around just long enough to get a few photos as warm temps had it almost all melted by the end of the day. This morning the weathermen are telling us that we are on the edge of a big storm that promises to bring another messy mix of late winter weather to our region today. As I write this, the snow has yet to begin falling.

On the inside it's status quo for our big crew. We're still waiting for the report for Joy that has been sent off to Colorado State. But Bailey has had another pretty good week. She's been coughing a little more today than I'd like, but she's still up and around, so I'm hopeful it'll pass.
~Bailey on Thursday: Stop taking photos and feed me!~ 
On Friday I did however manage to offend Max. Of all the dogs, Max. Really. I was sitting on the edge of the bed and at the moment he was jumping up, (something only he and Todd can do) I moved my arm, accidentally blocking him, causing him to fall back. He was okay, but he'd taken it personally and stayed away from me.

Seeing that I may have fallen outside his circle of trust, to regain that trust, I took Max on a walk with just the two of us to feed the birds and take a few photos. He was reluctant to come with me, but did as I asked him to. And I will admit, I had to chuckle because at the first moment my back was turned, Max ran back to the house.
~Max retreating~
He's not as leary around me today, but he does not want to get onto the bed either. I am thinking that with a few more treats, I'll be back in his inner circle of trust by the end of the weekend. I can hope, right?


16 comments:

  1. Good block, but football season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treats always seem to work with our cats when we have committed some faux pas.
    Yes. March already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet if you gave those treats to Max on the bed he might come around quicker. Good luck with the weather this weekend. We seem to be missing it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max may be the only dog I know to hold a grudge. Or perhaps he is just being clever and the coolness is an attempt to get more attention. It seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max will be back to his usual trusting self so soon, and that snow, I did see that a massive storm is or was coming to the north east, maybe it might just skirt round you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're sure he'll be trusting you again. Keep warm....and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet. I especially like the picture of him running away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re trust building with Max. Jaffa cakes always do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Treats work wonders for forgiveness:) We bet Max is working up his courage to get up on that bed again.

    We are guessing that Todd likes the snow. We got a couple of inches, not as much as we had hoped, but it was still fun.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paws crossed that Max will forgive and be back on the bed.
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww poor Max. My Noah takes things very personally too. The others just shrug it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure Max will be willing to come get his treats by tomorrow!
    The photos are all precious Kim!
    The weather has just been crazy,, everywhere!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, we had few inches of snow on Sunday. It is heavy snow to shovel. Sending well wishes for Joy and Bailey. I hope Max return to his normal self, the treats may help. Cute doggies and photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww...*haha*... poor Max. If he only knew how much you love him!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness - Max is a sensitive soul. I hope that you re-win his trust very soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!