Friday, March 15, 2019

The Australian Herbs for Joy

You all are the best! Thank-you all for the good vibes for Joy in my last post! She really is a nice little girl, quiet, eager to please and loves attention. A quintessential Golden Retriever. It goes without saying that we love having her as part of our household.

A few of  you asked about the herbs that we will be using for Joy that are on their way to us from Australia. Longtime readers know I'm a big believer in balancing the use of herbs with conventional care. However, in the more than 15 years that I've used them, I have always used Chinese herbs from the same company in the US or that I've gotten from a holistic vet.

The ones we'll be using for Joy are ones that I've never used before, from a company I've never ordered from previously. There have been a few dogs in the rescue I volunteer with that have had good results in their use and have allowed dogs diagnosed with lymphoma to continue to enjoy a good quality of life and extend it as well.

The combination we are going to use for Joy is not available here in the US. I will admit to being a bit skeptical of them. However hearing what the results have been, has caused me to be more hopeful and support willing to give them a try.

The name of the company is called McDowells Herbal Treatments.
Click here for the link 

One of the herbs we are using for Joy is Maritime Pine Bark Extract -
Click here for the link  This herb will help to boost Joy's immune system.

The other is a "support mix" specifically for lymphoma - 
Click here for the link

Here is a page that describes their recommended treatment for lymphoma -
Click here for the link 

As I said, I've never used these particular herbs before, and I know practically nothing about the company or the herbs. However, if any of you do, I hope you'll let me know. And I hope you'll stay tuned and I promise to let you know how they work for Joy.

21 comments:

  1. All the best with the Australian herbs. When Wilf was diagnosed we started him on a garlic and fenugreek tablet once a day. He lasted ( and thrived ) for rather longer than the vet expected so while our outlook may be unscientific we can be counted as strong believers in the power of herbs ! I'm sure the same will hold true for Joy - and with a name like that who could be more deserving ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, all the best for that sweet pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend whose dog has just been diagnosed with Lymphoma. She has five dogs and works for a rescue in my area ( meaning she usually has seven dogs). I am going to pass your post onto her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful and exciting news. it's hard not to feel positive! and that is always an important part of any treatment.
    sending love to you and the crew. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, have you used Moringa for any of your dogs? It helped Fudge immensely. I take it daily for my arthritis and am amazed by the difference. Now I give it to all my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Joy is beautiful! I am praying and hoping the herbs will work for Joy! Sending positive vibes and well wishes. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All paws are crossed for Joy and we hope the herbs help her feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope those herbs help Joy feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty soon Joy will be hopping around like a kangaroo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers and paws crossed they help Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In lots of countries, things which are considered "alternative" here in the USA are very much "traditional" there. I'm all for trying something different, especially when those things come with high recommendations. We humans should probably do the same (check around with others) before we take prescription drugs from our doctor. :-O :-/ Thank you for sharing the links, Kim, and I'll be anxious to read updates as time goes on. Love & hope, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You won't know if they will help if you don't try, so we say - go for it. We hope the herbs do help Joy a lot.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like worth a try and we will keep our paws crossed the herbs help
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joy is a darling girl who will stay in my prayers. Hope the herbs bring added benefits!
    Stephanie in Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sweet Joy! Both she and you are so lucky to be together. I hope that those herbs help give her more happy days as part of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you are open to alternative treatments, and we sure hope these herbs will help Joy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so good for these dogs, going out of your way to help them. Our vet is a holistic vet also, well a combo of that and regular. He certainly has helped Samson and also my Angel, who had lupus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We want these herbs to work!!! We are sending positive thoughts!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fingers tightly crossed that the herbs work for Joy, she's such a beautiful girl and deserves the best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know anything about herbs, but it sounds promising. Wishing you and Joy all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!