Sunday, July 14, 2019

The Finish Line!!

I had a hectic, crazy and busy past week because I worked every day - And it reminded me of why I don't want to work every day. But with my counterpart at my office gone on vacation, and the doctor I work for getting ready to leave for a 2 week vacation, it created the perfect storm for my putting in more than 40 hours at the office.

With that all behind us, the pace of the next couple of weeks slows down for us.  It will be a welcomed break and a much needed one too.
~The sunflowers are in bloom - Photo taken last year~   
Not that there hasn't been some fun in the past week.  Last Saturday my friend and I attended a dog show.  It's was great fun to see all the different breeds of dogs.
And of course it was fun to see the favorites. 
And the ones hidden under a lot of hair.
Then of course there are the Golden Retrievers. How do the judges decide when they seem to be cookie-cutter images of one another?

Back at our house where all the dogs are different and unique - It has been a mostly quiet weekend for us.
~Chip~
We did however take time to just sit on the porch.
It was nice to just sit and soak up the hot afternoon sun.
~Ginger~
I think Todd liked it too.
And I think that I am practically giddy that I am only working 2 days in the next 2 weeks.
Let the needed recharging time begin!

19 comments:

  1. Hello, the dog show sounds like fun. I love all dogs. Your crew is really cute, love the photos. Enjoy your time off! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Wishing you a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, Kim - especially those of the crew, they all look so contented. The one of Ginger looks just like my Lab. Inca, right now, except that she's stretched out indoors in the shade, keeping cool.
    Enjoy your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to go to animal shows. It is a wonderful pick-me-up. The weather forecast looks very summery for the next week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you know a crazy busy work period is temporary, it is helpful. Enjoy the quiet with your gang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have taken Todd to the show. He would have won.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear all is well at your home. Enjoy your time off for the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ghostwriter has been roped into picking up extra hours at her job too. Today she's working until 3am! Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you can relax and do what you do best...hang out with the puppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love the view from your porch. I hope your next week is a little easier as far as work goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful and relaxing week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you survived your busy week. Enjoy your quiet time and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smiling flowers, they fit all the doggies so well, and the ones today all look like life is good. The show, how do the judges decide???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Porch sitting. Something I enjoy in Leesburg. Can't imagine 40-hour week these days...lol! Glad you'll be able to enjoy the summer a bit more now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have all you need for a dog show right at home - and they are all winners since they found Golden Pines. Happy Sunday and enjoy that time with no work.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Recharge!!!! I love your many unique and quirky dogs much more than the cookie-cutters (although I bet that they have unique personalities)! Tremendous photos. I felt like I was there. Enjoy the next two weeks with lots of porch time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post! but then I love you and your entire crew! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. How great that you get to recharge and regroup! Looks like all are enjoying some nice weather
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your dogs will be so happy to have you to themselves. Get some good rest and enjoy your summer days.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!