Monday, September 2, 2019

Your Guess - The New Addition Is?

Once again, I am grateful and humbled by your sharing the loss of Baloo both here and on Facebook. The sadness and being a bit on autopilot as the "what if's and maybe I should have..." have been repeating over and over in my mind for our beloved Baloo. It can be a bit consuming. And it happens every. single. time.... I will question all of it in the days ahead. It's just how I'm wired and what I do. And I do it pretty well I have to admit! But I cannot say "thank-you all" enough for your friendship and for your kind and caring comments and your support that truly makes a difference!
I never did mention it, but we were in the process of adopting Baloo. But we were never able to sign his adoption contract. Time simply ran out. However, the adoption coordinator made it official anyway, meaning that we posthumously adopted Baloo, making him ours. I thought that was such a nice gesture because it means, at least on paper, that he had found a new forever home. 


We all know, like it or not, and ready or not, life has a way of going on. Carl returned home late last evening and said this morning that it's easy to see the hole left in our household by Baloo. Each of our dogs truly have their own place.
~Alf is starting to look shaggier every day!~
Even with our bursting household, for the last few weeks for whatever reason, I felt like we were missing a dog. So much so, that more than once, I got up in the middle of the night to make sure all the dogs were inside. I'll confess that I even cruised the internet looking at dogs. Even with all that, I'd decided that I was doing it only because a friend has just gotten a new puppy. Which by the way is totally (!!!) out of the question for us. 
~Shaggy Todd will agree about our not getting a puppy!~
I kept trying to shake that feeling. Despite "that feeling" it was a bit unexpected when another foster-home-coordinator, that I never work with, asked me to consider a new addition. I was worried about Baloo, so I asked her to try and find another foster home for this particular dog. But whether we are able to foster or not for the rescue, foster homes always get a list of dogs needing a place to go, that includes their information and photos. When I'd seen the list a few days before being asked, one dog caught my eye. When I received another updated list a few days later, the same dog caught my eye again. And it was the one I was being asked to foster. So, when another foster home couldn't be found for this dog, and I was asked a 2nd time, I agreed.

Since this post is a little long (sorry about that!) I'll post the picture and ask YOU which one do you think caught my eye, and which one did we welcome this past Wednesday? I'll let you know tomorrow, who is our newest addition.

I have a feeling, you'll be able to easily guess...

18 comments:

  1. I can't guess. I am so happy Baloo was yours at the end. Hope you find some peace with the new pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was Tanner. Maybe Silver; but I think Tanner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is Tanner, maybe Emma, but Tanner stands out to me.
    Glad Baloo had a home with you -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Tanner as well, and for Baloo, he had a loving home, and real adoption, posthumously, what a grand finish for him and you together. No matter how many, when one leaves the gap is huge. When we once had 5 cats, and the stray who came and went periodically, wandered off one night and didn't come back, HE left a huge gap.That wasn't filled for quite some time by another stray. Tomorrow, will we know which one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is Daisy. She looks so much like Baloo.

    How awesome that Baloo is now yours on paper. Kind of bittersweet ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we can't guess who's coming....but Tanner looks like he needs some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't really begin to guess which deserving pup has fallen on his or her feet. I'd have great difficulty on deciding on just one - if it were up to me I'd take them all !
    If pressed for an answer I'd choose either Tanner, or Jax - who reminds me of my girl Inca. Apart from Tanner and Mike, they all look so well cared for and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My guess would be either Silver or Tanner but which ever one it is they sure are lucky to have landed in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you got to adopt Baloo even if it was too late on paper. But in your heart he was already yours (they leave big pawprints on our hearts). I am firm believer in that if we are with them at the end (even if they are not ours) that they are ours in our heart pawprint and all. We lived next to a dog that the neighbor did not really want (the daughter got it for them without asking). She would take walks with us and was always over by us. Sadly she got hit by a truck (which did not even stop) while she was out walking with us one night and she died with us holding her. We went over to the neighbors to tell them and they did not even care. So we asked if we could bury her over on our property and they said yes. Then a few weeks later we had to let out 16 year old pass and we buried her with the neighbor dog Lizzie. So they had each other to keep company.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all adorable! We wouldn't be able to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any one of them would be very happy with you, but we will guess either Tanner or Silver.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm guess Tanner as the look in his eyes is beseeching. Bless each of their big, loving hearts.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like most above, I thought Tanner right away. Then I looked again, and think Mike looks like Baloo, so he is my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Tanner as well. I love that Baloo's adoption went through posthumously, it's perfect. Just as the story about your latest foster sounds meant to be as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe Tanner or Silver? I'm so sorry about Baloo, I guess I missed that post. It's heart-wrenching for sure to lose a dog...I'm so glad that you did "officially" give him a forever home!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that it was so sweet that Baloo was your dog on paper at the end, no matter what. I know that he was your dog in your heart for a long time.

    Independent of all the other commenters, I picked out Silver and then Tanner as my guesses. I can't wait to hear your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's somehow reassuring that you also have all the second thoughts. Should I have noticed something earlier? Was there something else I could have done? Did I act too soon? Did I wait too long? It happens every time.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!