Sunday, March 8, 2020

A Week in Picture Review

The start of yet another week. Today started daylight savings time, but it still begs the question with the time change, is spring really around the corner?  How I'd hoped for at least one good snowfall this winter.  But there's still time, right?

Okay, enough of my dreaming.  Here's a day-by-day-picture review of our week.

Monday....Again.... really? Rhett's face says it perfectly!
Tuesday.... I voted.
Tuesday was also the day that outdoor kitty, Gino was let into the house by our dog-walker, and she didn't put him back outside when she left. When Carl and my brother got home an unopened bag of flour had gotten knocked off a shelf (that the dogs couldn't reach) and it was everywhere - That part was thanks to the dogs.  Of course, Gino (outdoor kitty) was blamed for it and not allowed back inside.
But I realized the next day, that it wasn't Gino that knocked the bag of flour off a shelf, that was Sophie's annoying siamese cat, Tiggy. And, I realized that only because Tiggy returned to the scene of the crime and was sitting on that same shelf. I couldn't help but think that it was a whole scene reminiscent of Lady and the Tramp when the Siamese cats, Si and Am got poor Lady into trouble for their mischief.
Finally it was Wednesday... My last day of commuting to work.... Rhett loves being a co-pilot!
Rhett's expression says how I feel about being home for 4 days!
Thursday.... Chip met our Holistic Vet. He did really well, and was so relaxed that he took a nap as we discussed a palliative option that I didn't know about.  More about that if I decide to go forward. Until that decision is made, we've started Chip on a couple of Chinese herbs to try and slow the progression of the cancer.
Friday....This gave me a grin.
And hold on.... When we got to Saturday, we welcomed a new girl, a Chocolate Lab, named Maya.  I'll tell you about her in my next post.
So here we are on Sunday..... A great day for Todd and his new ball to spend some time outside together.
I've looked for weeks for a ball that I thought he couldn't chew up. The ones I've bought for him for the last few years held up really well, but they are no longer made. I've looked all through the online stores to try and find one and can't.
 So, I hope this new one will be Scottie tough!
Because he really does seem to like it.

16 comments:

  1. Kyla (Scottie, RIP) could deflate a soccer ball in 45 minutes, just a little longer than it took her to rip a frisbee in two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post! I LOVE all the faces. "welcome Maya!"
    even the naughty kitties are cute. especially innocent Gino.
    and Todd is your proverbial puppy. he just doesn't age.
    I think it's his Charles in Charge attitude!
    and I'm holding loving healing thoughts for Chip. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Gino, convicted on circumstantial evidence on being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Glad to read that he was finally exonerated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quite an eventful week. We would have loved to see the flour strewn kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather blabbers keep saying we might see one more accumulating snow storm. Mom says NO!!!!! We say YES!!!

    Loved all the photos and commentary. Todd, take good care of that ball - it looks pretty cool, and a nice shade of green for St. Patrick's Day.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a stress-less weekend! Except for the flour incident. Poor Gino. Love the sign. Looks like great weather to just have a coffee outside and recharge you batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some dogs will work endlessly to chew up a ball. Hope this one will last. Shame about the kitty mess. Hope it doesn't become a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing a family week . . .
    Such loves surround you . . .
    Have fun Todd!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I despise daylight saving time. Since it doesn't really save anything and it gets late too early, haha.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiggy looks such an innocent with those "Who me?" big brown eyes!
    Welcome to Maya, such a happy girl - she knows what love and care she will have now she's with you.
    Hoping that Todd will enjoy many happy hours before he finally destroys that ball!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that a delivery of N-95 masks featured somewhere in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, pretty sky! I am happy for the longer daylight. Hugs to all the cute pups, adorable photos. I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a photogenic group but you must be exhausted by the end of the week! I am hopeful for Chip - I know that you'll do your best for him. And welcome Maya!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!