Thursday, April 16, 2020

We'll See What Happens

It has been a bit of a strange and mixed bag of a week. I'm not even sure where to begin exactly.

Maybe I'll start with tonight, and work my way back with to the real news of the day.

This evening, for some reason, our outdoor kitty Gino won't come back inside the garage. We tried for over an hour to catch him, so we could shut the door to keep him safe overnight, but he won't come to us and keeps running off. I'm wondering if something maybe scared him?

Work at the office continues to slow down. But I'm still asked to be there all day. We have two emergency patients to see on Thursday. With no patients scheduled on Wednesday, I took Max in with me to the office. He was fun company, and the girl at the front desk, who is a real animal lover gave Max lots of extra attention which he soaked up.
While I was at work, I got a phone call from Paul. You'll remember him as the owner of Abe and George, the Barkalot Brothers. You''ll also remember that Lab Rescue returned them to him in January and Abe passed away in February. Well, Paul is back in the hospital. I'm not sure of the details, (but it's not COVID), and he wants to GIVE me George. He said he's no longer able to care for him because George was becoming more and more "mobility challenged" and along with being hospitalized a few times, it's just to hard for him to give George the care he needs.  Of course I agreed to take him back.
~The day the Barkalots were returned to Paul~
Paul's brother called me last evening, and we're going to try and arrange something for this weekend or early next week. And with that, can I just say I had a feeling that might happen? Of course, I didn't and hoped it wouldn't. But I kept the door and communication with Paul open just in case because I wanted to make sure that Abe and George were safe.
~George~
We'll see what happens.

22 comments:

  1. Hello, I just love your cute Max! I hope all goes well for George and that Paul recovers also. Good wishes and hugs for all. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, poor George, Paul, and you. You have an infinite amount of compassion and are a very special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the day of being The Star at the Office will do Max good!
    and thank heaven you followed your inner voice and knew you were still needed in the life of George. Paul will rest easier knowing that his beloved dog is SAFE. when you're old and not well that surely is half of it. now he can relax and just get well. and YOU. oh darling girl. take time for YOU. some how find a way. because as she says above...
    you are a very special lady.
    and to Gino… please be safe! you should know by now! unless it's a possum or worse in the garage! yikes! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Paul. To be expected, sadly, I think?
    Wonderful of you to take George back.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope Gino gets over his not wanting to be in the garage soon. It's sad to hear that George needs to be re-homed again and we hope he doesn't start the barking all over again when he is in your home. Max looks very happy to keep you company at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you my child.Bless all your charges and the folks you help. You are what a real angel does in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor George. He must be so confused. We hope the barking has diminished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kim.... a strange week is right!! I wish your office would close at least a day or two per week, as I'm sure that would leave plenty of appointment times for folks the rest of the time. And I'll bet Max did love the change of atmosphere and all the attention. Makes me smile just thinking about it. :-) And yes, you did know this was coming, with Paul and George, didn't you. *hugs* I'm glad you left the door open too. Aging, with health issues to boot, is NO small feat. *sigh* We want what we want (animals, acreage, yada, yada) but sometimes our bodies & our health says NO!! I'm so glad Paul & George have you! And may George's vocalizations be a bit less since he doesn't have his partner-in-crime to egg him on. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gino is probably got spring fever. Poor George, so glad you are there for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that George can come back....but it must have given Paul so much happiness to have his boys back with him...even for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We bet Max enjoyed his day at the office as long as it didn't involve a tooth cleaning:) Gino is so handsome, we hope he comes in tonight. Timber likes to stay out at night, but we think he is on the prowl for bunnies.

    We hope Paul will be better. You are so good to take George home again. We hope all goes well.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is sad about Paul, he and George have been through a lot. We wonder (and hope) if maybe George will be quieter now that it's just him? Good luck, and bless you for giving him a place to go! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my greatest worry too. That the day will come when I no longer will be able to care for my dogs. It must be a comfort to Paul though that Abe can come back to you. I wish you were closer as it is my little Lab mix I'm worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, as I sent my comment away, I realized it is George who is coming back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope George comes back soon and his previous owner's health improves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After getting the boys and then losing Abe and now realizing he can no longer care for George must be so difficult for Paul. Bless you for easing his heart and agreeing to take George back
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's hoping things go well. And hopefully the barking has stopped with only one. Best of luck. We're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That must be tough to have to give up your doggie because you can no longer care for him. It's good of you to take George back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear that Paul is ill and unable to care for George. Thank goodness you are there to take him back, Kim. It won't be so distressing for George this time, because he knows you, and the crew. Hopefully he'll settle well and won't bark so much.
    Max would be the ideal comforter for me, if I way going to have dental work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paul must be very relieved to know his dog has a wonderful place to go, must give him great peace, as sad as he must be. I wonder if there is an animal hiding in your garage that is spooking the cat? Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!