Sunday, August 2, 2020

Back Home Again

Home on Wednesday from Tennessee.
The nearly 8 hour drive back was long and uneventful and I dreamed of my trip for (maybe) next year. It's really a beautiful and peaceful place to visit and a perfect go-to spot with the dogs. 
~A favorite photo from Tennessee~
All the left-behinders were doing well and in good spirits. In the high temperatures we've been having lately, Sophie's breathing has become louder and harsher in this heat because of her laryngeal paralysis. We don't allow her to stay outside for long, and before I left I increased her medication that seems to have helped.

And of course I was and still am missing Hannah.

Leah, the new foster girl that we were supposed to get on Thursday, won't be coming to us. She is hypoglycemic, and had a diabetic seizure. So, the rescue has decided to keep her in the direction of Richmond, about 2.5 hours from us, with the vets that know her best. So, we wait for the cosmos to do its magic and bring us another pup that needs a place to call home.

I'm not in any hurry for that to happen.
Just like I'm not in any hurry to go back to work tomorrow - Or make Leo, below, available for adoption again. But I have to do both.
~Leo~

15 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to make your trip, given all that's going on.
    So happy that it was a safe trip.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been nice to get away, but we know you were happy to come home. We hope it gets cooler so Sophie can breathe more easily. Too bad about Leah, but we firmly believe things happen for a reason. There must be another plan in the works:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd is the one constant there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you didn't have to go back to work either, Kim... but I'm glad you had the chance to get away for awhile. We have to take the moments when we can get them, don't we. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I am glad you had a fun and safe trip! A road trip is always fun. Cute photos, sending healthy wishes for all.

    Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear you all made it home safely. Going back to work after such a restful vacation is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful dogs and a wonderful caretaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vacations are fun. But it's always good to get back home. Work, on the other hand, not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing to remember that you do all that you do for the dogs and then you work too. I wish you all the best after your vacation. The dogs that will come next will be so blessed. If you were running an old age home for people, I would sign up in a minute

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you are safely home again after a relaxing trip, and in such excellent company.
    We have no doubt that it won't be too long before there is news of such another lucky "orphan" coming to be petted and pampered at the best home this side of Paradise!
    What a beautiful, regal, girl Hannah was - we shall miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy that you had a well-deserved break, Kim. And now home again. Coppa's girl has put it so well - there was something regal about sweet Hannah; a perfect description.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so good to get away from reality for a bit! But also so nice to be home (other than the going back to work thing - ha ha). We're sure everything will come together as it's supposed to and work out for the best. ♥
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our R has laryngeal paralysis too. :( So glad that Sophie is doing okay. And sad about Hannah... and that Leo must go up for adoption.

    But I'm glad that you had such a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a long drive alone . . .
    I used to do that often to my brother in Iowa
    and friends in Wisconsin.
    Now those trips are few and far between.

    I can’t imagine your feelings of loss when your
    dogs move on to another family and when some meet their final days.

    I hope you slide back into work just fine.
    Take good care of yourself Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy I am, my comment connected!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!