Thursday, January 7, 2021

Cheers To The New Year

For so many of us, December is by far the busiest month in the year, and oftentimes it slips past, which is what it did for  me. 

~The lovely Shelby on New Year's~

I did all the planning, (reservations, games, etc.) for our office Christmas party. In past years, we've always invited the "Office Alumni" to attend, but with social restrictions it was just the 8 of us that currently work in the office. We all agreed that with the year, as a staff, we really needed the time to just be together as an office without the phones and the patients and chasing the clock.     

At home I did manage to get most of my New Year's cards mailed, the shopping done and everything else that comes with the holidays. 

~A socially distanced lunch with my good-work-friend~

We did have one snow fall that got me out of work early.  

I got home work safely, only to become a casualty in our driveway. I backed up to get some momentum to get through the snow, and in the darkness and a dirty back-up-camera, I managed to back into the ditch. I didn't get any photos. I was just way too upset about the whole thing. 

Thankfully the next day, a extremely kind passerby stopped and with a chain and pulled my van out. Without a doubt, and answer to all my prayers for help. 

All the while Carl was working nights - arriving home around midnight, leaving around noon to go back. All this left me as the sole care giver for the dogs. The dogs are so forgiving when their meals were late, and I think were cheering me on to just keep going. 

~George, "did you say it's finally time to eat?!~

One night in particular I tumbled into bed, exhausted and cold and too tired to even get another blanket to help me to warm up. Todd must've known that, and he curled up next to me and warmed me up. I remember falling asleep that night telling him what a good Scottie he is. But I think he already knows that. 

 ...  I am so glad to have December in the rearview mirror - Onward to 2021!

~I saw this at a local grocery store 😀~

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have to work so hard, Kim! I can't wait for the day you'll be able to retire and just stay home surrounded by sweet fur!! :-) Happy New Year! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim,

    Love the George and Todd photos. Happy New Year to you, your family and all the furbabies. I wish you the best in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Todd - that was pawfect timing for your special Mom. We send you all wishes for a wonderful 2021.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. The writing on the cake is confused.
    "goodbye 2021 hello 2021"
    ???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad 2020 is over. It was an awful year but so far 2021 has been pretty bad,too. Hope it gets better for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you all at Golden Pines.
    George reminds me of my girl Inca - they could be twins. Todd and Shelby look so happy just to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all this time I thought Carl was retired! those are terrible hours to keep. I'm glad you're ok and that you were helped in getting the SUV back on track. sounds like you need a good rest.
    here's to a less stressful 2021. take care of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your stuck car. It looks like you've had more snow than we have! Our pups always seem to know when they are needed to snuggle with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you got stuck in the snow! Good thing you had doggies to warm you up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pups always know when we need an extra hug. May January slow down a little more for you.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!