Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Today It's About Todd

Post Script to my last post. Thank-you all for your kind words of encouragement and support that have meant so much and have lifted my spirits. I have responded on that post to most of your comments, or on your blogs. You all are the best!

Now, I promised good news. A few of you noted the roll of Todd in our household. You are right about him. And I'd be remiss if I didn't say what you already know, that each dog, and cat truly provides something to the fabric that makes up our lives and our household. 


But today, it's about Todd. On April 9th, we celebrated a milestone with him. Todd is now 10 years old. Can you believe it? I know I can't.  

~Todd, one day old~

And as is customary I have taken Todd's annual birthday photo. Longtime readers of this blog know that I take the same photo of Todd each year, with the same hat, same place at the table, and it was a bit of a challenge this year, but I purchase the same cookie too.  At some point, I'll put them all into a collage. 

At 10 years old, there is an air of calm dignity and wisdom about Todd that is more noticeable than it has been at any other time. He stands still for attention more than he used to, and as the only dog sleeping on our bed, he never gets up in the morning before I do and never goes to bed before me either. He is a loyal, devoted friend and companion and pack member too. 

Now, don't get me wrong, Todd still very much has that feisty independent spirit and that spark that makes him a Scottish Terrier, and just a terrier. As an example, he sadly "made dead" two bunnies that somehow got into our yard this past week. 😥

But Todd is great fun, and he makes me laugh. But he's clearly not into some of my nonsense. For instance when I was trying to get a silly photo of him with these ridiculous butterfly ears that I found,

Max was okay with wearing them....

for a few minutes anyway.

 Todd wanted absolutely nothing to do with them, and he let me know that. 

However, as you saw in my last post, he was more than willing to pose in a respectful Easter-bow-tie.  

Because as I've said many times, he is a Scottish Terrier after all, and his character and personality really reflects that. 

I cannot think of life without him as my co-pilot. 💓

16 comments:

  1. Love and happiness in your every word today, and those bunny ears, I can see that Todd has no place for them at all. Loyal, constant, true to your and his heart, Happy Birthday darling Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Happy Birthday to Todd! The photos are adorable, I like the birthday hat and the special cookie is cute. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B'day Todd!! I can't believe you are 10 years old. That means I have been reading your blog for 10 years. That is when I found it, when you got Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEN? I can't believe it. and I've been here for every birthday.
    I still want to think of him as the little guy who 'gardened' on your porch by digging into that flower pot. I loved that.
    he's a keeper in every way. so glad to know he has a treasured place on your bed! it's only RIGHT!
    happy birthday sweet Todd. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Todd! You are so cute in all your pictures. We would have the same attitude about wearing silly butterfly wings on our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time in years that I haven't had a dog constantly at my side assessing my moods. I miss that. Mackey is definitely Rob's dog and Syd is in her own world. Happy birthday to your special sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love him! Looking for my future co-pilot now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calm wisdom and dignity. Perfect way of describing a ten year old family fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Todd! He is so adorable in your annual photo, and apparently a birthday hat is more sophisticated than butterfly ears. :)
    I'm glad you have him by your side to help you through the difficult times (sorry I didn't get to comment on that post, but I did read it and was thinking of you).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Todd! Has it been that long? I remember when he came, as if it were yesterday. I told you then that I thought he would be a good balance and a steady companion for you. Young energy to balance the sometimes sadness resulting from your work with the older dogs. I ca't belive time has gone that fast. Samson will be 12.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and feisty Todd! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Todd! Kudos on catching those bunnies too! Hey, it's our job to catch stuff like that.

    http://thedailybonebychester.blogspot.com/2014/11/bunny.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Todd. You might not appreciate the birthday hat, but you look dapper with it on. I don't blame you with the not liking butterfly ears; they are not right for the distinguished gentleman you are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe it has been 10 years since Todd's birth!!! I seems like yesterday. He has been a blessing to you and to me as well. Happy belated birthday Todd!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!