Sunday, February 6, 2022

Recovered!!

Another full and busy couple of weeks for us. You may remember from my last post that I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work on a Monday. I was feeling better, and went to work on Tuesday. 

~No more staying home for me?~

However my van had other plans, and I became a roadside casualty, in one of the worst places. Thankfully, thanks to a county sheriff, and a quick arriving tow-truck driver within a couple of hours my van and I were safely at the repair shop, and a friend brought me home to wait for the diagnosis on my van. That news wouldn't come until the next day.  

What didn't wait was the diagnosis that my brother tested positive for covid. He'd come home from work not feeling well 3-4 days earlier, and I'd told him in my best sister-voice to "stay away from me." I guess it didn't work - Because without my even taking a test, we decided that despite my few symptoms, I'd probably had covid as well - thanks to my brother. Although I was feeling much better, our office protocol meant that I needed stay home. So I didn't return to work until this past Monday, 12 days later. 

Maybe my van breaking down at that same time was a blessing in disguise, I don't know. But I do know that other than a little cough, I'm fine, no temperature or lasting symptoms. My brother has tested negative and my van has also recovered.  However we find ourselves having to consider a new vehicle for me. With all the driving I do, I need reliable transportation, and my van keeps letting me down. 

The dogs of course don't care about any of that. And Todd didn't care about keeping his coat on in the single digit temperatures - He just wanted a cookie! 

And Tiggy the cat, Todd and Jack didn't care that I'd just made up the bed.

But a kind friend did care that I was having a bad week, and sent a me a little bit of summer in the middle of winter. I'm reminded to be grateful for my kind and thoughtful friends. ❤

9 comments:

  1. Maybe the 12 days at home were just what you needed, and a new van? that sounds like a probability too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am happy to hear you have recovered. The furbabies look so cute all nice and comfy in the bed. The sunflowers are a cheery sight, very pretty. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your recent difficulties but we're glad to hear you are well. We hope you find a great replacement for your van soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Kim... lordy day, what an eventful two weeks you've had! I'm glad you're on the mend now and soon to have a more reliable vehicle. YES, you do need wheels you can trust without hesitation. That looks like a horrible spot to be stranded... scary! I think your furbabies had the right idea... cookies & bed are the only answers!! ~Andrea XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd should have scared the bad stuff away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you had a mild case and your brother as well. Perhaps the van breaking down was an omen...good things coming...jp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you're twelve days closer to Spring. Stay safe and healthy and enjoy those naughty animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. life is Never dull is it! I'm so glad you had 12 days.
    these are wonderful pictures as always. but those cuddled up in bed there... perfect! sometimes you just gotta give in and accept the inevitable... LOTS of rest! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. These things all come at once to plague us!
    Glad to hear that your Covid symptoms were mild and haven't caused any lasting effect. Now you just have to spend some time finding a new. reliable, car.
    The dogs look very comfy on the bed and have decided that it must be the best place to be!
    The sunflowers were such a thoughtful gift and look so cheerful in gloomy February weather. I have some artificial ones in the entrance porch - not the same as real ones, but they always brighten the day and welcome me home.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!