Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy 4th of July!

We round the corner to today, July 4th. July is my favorite time of summer. I love all the light and waking up and looking out my window and seeing the hydrangeas blooming. 

Everyone loves summer. Don't you think that people are so much happier when summer comes around? I think because it's so much more laid back and you can get away with things you may not be able to during the colder months when we're sometimes a bit grouchier.

I think the dogs are in a better mood too. Jake, Daisy and Todd didn't seem to mind the trip to the vet last week. With the 3 of them in my van, it was a reminder that my van fits our needs perfectly. I'd been thinking we could/should downsize what I'm driving, but this vet trip was a reminder that I really cannot. 

Todd had mostly a good report. He was diagnosed this year with lyme disease, which is not unusual for the area we live. He'll go on a round of antibiotics (doxycycline) and he should be just fine. What's not fine is me, as trivial as it is, I'm still feeling that guilt over his ear that will never stand up straight again. 

The report for Jake has us making an appointment for acupuncture and cold laser to see if that will help with his being more mobile. At some point very soon, I'll share more about how he's doing. The vet report was as good as it could be, considering his age of 13-14 years old, and being such a big boy. But x-rays of his chest showed us that his heart looked good, no signs of fluid or tumors. 

However, my worries escalated when Jake had a seizure on Friday morning. I'm grateful I could be home for a long weekend to keep a close eye on him. Each day since Friday has been a better one for him, no more seizures (knock, knock, knock on wood!!) and his appetite is back.  

~A very tired and worn out Jake on Saturday~

Finally there was our newest arrival, Daisy. She got a good report from the vet. We're doing a round of antibiotics to clear up an infection that we hope will help with those inside-accidents her previous owners reported that she was having. My report is that Daisy hasn't had any accidents in the house in a week and all of our dogs, even Jack, who can be moody around the other dogs even likes her. How can you not with that smile that has won everyone over. ❤

10 comments:

  1. Prayers and blessings to you all, Kim. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that things are looking good for the pups. Take care of yourself too, Kim - your babies need you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am glad all was good at the vet visit. Daisy does have a cute smile. I hope you had a happy 4th of July weekend. Sending good wishes for Jake. Have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of July! We have our paws crossed for Jake and hope Todd's round of meds help him feel better. Who couldn't be happier just by looking at Daisy's sweet smile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't beat yourself up over Todd's ear, honey. As they say... never argue with reality as you'll lose every time. Simply accept that this was the fate for Todd's ear and it's exactly as it's supposed to be at this time in his reality. You can take neither credit nor blame for it. Love you~ Andrea XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. a good uplifting post! I'm glad for all the outcomes on the vet visit. maybe the former owners of Daisy just 'made up' the accidents. or maybe she just now feels Totally at Home!
    I'd like to say I'm a summer lover. but I'm not. we're having weeks of 100 degree temps and a severe drought. it's no fun.
    but I'll enjoy your beautiful green yard and hydrangeas and the furry roommates! XOXO and ps... I know you feel guilty somehow for Todd's ear. but I think it lends him Character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to read the good news!
    When humans are on Doxycycline for Lyme, they have to stay out of the sun so you might need to check if Todd needs to stay inside, too - unless your vet already told you abou tthis.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daisy is smiling! Such a pretty girl! Todd's ears look cute, no one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping that all will be well with Jake and Todd. Isn't Daisy sweetheart? Putting a hat on any of our dogs always resulted in sulking, unhappy looking dogs; Daisy models her tiara with style and grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belated happy 4th July. XXX

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!