Friday, July 29, 2022

Not Convinced

We've had our girl Ree for nearly a year now. It has been quite a year as we've gotten used to the energy and the antics of an active 5 year old dog in our midst.  

Along with mastering total pillow domination, and the art of morphing to the exact dimensions of a king-sized bed, Ree always finds something to get into when she's left unattended - I honestly think she keeps a list of things to get into when we're not around because she's eaten rolls of toilet paper, bars of soap, boxes of cards, magazines - You get the idea. 

Yesterday, I left the house in a bit of a rush, and forgot to put Ree in her crate. When I got home about 2 hours later, I was surprised when she happily greeted me at the door. But everything was as I'd left it, nothing was torn up, and there were no accidents. It was so unlike Ree. I was so proud of her, relieved, and I gave her lots of praise and extra treats. But now, a day later, I'm still not convinced that I won't find something that she got into. ❤ 

13 comments:

  1. Oh mommy Kim, you know I am such a good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beau said she sure LOOKS innocent! We hope you hid it well, Ree. Baby girl once ate my drivers license, 35 dollars and a lot of aggravation to replace it, she also ate a check for 125.00 a gift from my dad. he was really old and could not figure out how to add it back and right another check.. she also ate every instruction booklet Bob left where she could reach it. how to put together his newest RC plane. he never chewed any of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Ree! If you keep up the good work, you might get more freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ree, what a good girl you are! May I add a couple of late notes: Tammy, I will remember you in my prayers for strength and healing. I hope every day will bring you cheer and good progress.

    Kim, thank you for sharing the story of darling Jake’s last day. I have thought often of this dear boy and the empty place he leaves in your home and hearts. Yet that’s not quite true as your hearts will always be full of love for him. There will be a joyous reunion one bright day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww mom, I slept the whole time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a black lab as well, named Laydee. She is 7 years old and still very active. Although she's on a diet now and not happy about it. Ree looks a lot like Laydee. They are sweet dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Ree is a sweetie, but maybe not completely trust worthy to leave loose. The labradors do love to chew on everything. I am glad she was a good girl this last time. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always amazed how my dogs start the night on the bed curled into tight little balls and by morning have expanded to fill the bed and the humans are clinging to the edges of the mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ree, looks like you're growing up. What a good girl you are. You just have to try and convince Mommy of that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ree looks so innocent and sweet. What a good girl she was. Hopefully you won't find anything. Reminds me of our 2 year old Ellie. As soon as Dan leaves for work she goes for the trash cans then runs from me with a mouthful of tissues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A typical young Lab! Now she's had her fun, she's going to be a good girl - but she'll still try to keep you guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pic of her on the bed...all-spread-out! lol

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!