Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A Post Holiday Post

I'll start by wishing you all a belated Merry Christmas! I hope this time of year finds you with family and friends and making the best new memories. 

I hope the holidays haven't been to crazy and chaotic for you. Todd (below) just wanted me to take the crazy hat off. 🙂

In the time I've been gone, I pulled off planning and putting together my office holiday party at a favorite restaurant. 

We were back at the vet with our newest arrival, Iva. It was just for more blood work, and a little longer wait for all test results to be returned. When we finally heard from the vet, it was to tell us that all the reports came back with good news, except for her thyroid, which we expected. Iva's back on thyroid medication and all of the usual supplements. I think in a few months, she'll be a whole new dog. Right now, we're working on removing mats and tangles, and using a pin-brush to buff away the loose hair from her coat. When that task is done, it'll be time for a good bath and blow-dry, that we'll of course do ourselves.

~Same photo of Iva, different day waiting at the vet~

Taking the spotlight off of Iva was Jack. One morning just as I was leaving for work (running my usual late of course) he found a dead mouse that he wanted to bring inside. I quickly grabbed treats and kept dropping them until he decided to give it up. It took 5 treats. I thought that was a real bargain because I would have given him the whole handful just so I wouldn't have to get it out of his mouth. 

~Jack~

Ree also had a birthday. She turned 6 years old. At six, Ree is of course the youngest in our household, and hands down the most mischievous dog we have had in a very long time. She was probably disappointed that she did not get a purse, but a cookie was always a fun treat too!

In between all that, there was work, and even an ice storm. 

And and this past Friday, high winds ushered in plummeting single-digit temperatures and a power outage that lasted about 13 hours for us. What a relief it was to have lights and heat again!

With the power restored, we cruised right into and through Christmas. At the moment, it's a quiet time at our house and I took the last of my yearly vacation from work. It was only one extra day off, but it was good to be home. 

~Milo~

21 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you all! And a blessed New Year. :) Good you all those living blankets to keep you warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I love all the pictures. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Merry Christmas to you and the gang, Kim. What a happy "family" you have.
    Happy New Year to you all at Golden Pines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! It sounds like the pups have kept you busy the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad your power wasn't off longer. Without a generator we know this is hard. It is snowing here again. We think we are done with the winter for now. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an exciting holiday. We had an exciting holiday too. Santa came a few days early with Boston, a real live chewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're glad to see you're getting a bit of a break for the holidays. We had that awful storm over Christmas too. But all the snow went west of us. Please give each of your doggies a kiss from me and lots of yummy treats too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I love that photo of Milo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That post is from me...Lori of Skoog Farm!

      Delete
  9. It is always a treat to see your wonderful dogs and hear what is up with the ones in the spotlight. Cheers for the good lab reports on Iva!
    A belated Merry Christmas to you, the humans, and the pack and wishing each of you much joy and lots of treats in the new year!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May your New Year be devoid of power outages, freezing weather and Jacks attempts to bring the local rodents indoors !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing all at Golden Pines a joyous new year full of good health, tranquility and treats! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great that you can take care of all like you do. I appreciate it and they do too. I am sure. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have missed a lot during our absence, but we wanted to be sure to send our dear friends at Golden Pines wishes for a very Happy New Year!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness those dogs are just adorable. We fostered many cats and dogs over the years as a family.

    Happy New Year to you and all your furry family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year, lots of new arrivals at Golden Pines, lucky little ducks ...
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi….after what seems years! I have finally sorted the issue with ‘not being able to comment on other people’s blogs’. Turns out it was in the Settings and I only had to turn something off! doh! So with any luck, I will be popping into Golden Pines online and feeling part of the pack again. Sending hugs to all and Happy New Year…..ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope all is well there as it's been a long time since your post Christmas post. W . Wishing you well.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm also hoping all is well at Golden Pines. I'm sure your days are very full. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!