Thursday, September 7, 2023

Keeping the Routine

While Carl is visiting family in Wisconsin, I've been playing the role of single-dog-cat parent for the last week. Its gone pretty well. Everyone is present and accounted for, which is a good thing! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, the dogs always expect a game of ball every evening. I decided that with Carl gone, I would try and keep the routine the best I could. So, on the first night we played a game of ball. Here's a couple of photos of that first night ....
~Todd, wondering why am I playing ball with them?~

Below Ree and Milo are looking at a ball on the other side of the fence trying to solve the problem of getting it on the side we were on.  I'll add that it was a pretty good throw using the "Chuckit" ball launcher from the back porch -- It went over the fence, hit the barn, and landed on the fence rail. I couldn't do that again if I tried! 

~Milo and Ree - the ball is there, how do we get it over here?~

Then yet another photo where I chucked another ball over the fence and it was gone completely. But I know they'll find it when we take a walk. They always do, especially Milo. 

~Iva - Where'd the ball go?~

With the heat, of course I didn't let the game go on for too long. Out of the 7 tennis balls we started with, we ended with 5. Do you think that included the 3 balls Jack had?  

~Jack never has been good at sharing 🙂~

Thanks for stopping by - 
I hope you're having a good week, and staying cool!

16 comments:

  1. Still a bit hot in Louisiana - 101 today; but good for you in trying to keep up the ball play. :) Somehow I think the puzzle ones might have been the better ones. :)
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those balls, how could he cram so many in his mouth? Enjoy your sunny day, whenever it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever Jack!
    My first Lab. Sultan could manage two tennis balls at a time. If we went walking over the golf course behind the house he'd often pick up a golf ball or two, and still manage to find a couple of stray tennis balls to carry home. I don't know how he knew where the tennis balls were hidden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute doggies, they do love playing fetch with the balls. Jack is amazing holding three balls at the same time. Love the sunflowers. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Jack for the big grin on my face!!! Hurry Home Carl is what you are trying to say HA HA.... its hard being a single parent... everyone of you looks beautiful and amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure was a one in a million throw and we love the picture of the two pups trying to figure out how to get the ball. Jack sure is a ball hog. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see everyone looking happy and well-occupied! For me, there's no flower as cheerful as a sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shot! Love the brain work on trying to figure out how to get the ball. lol Oh, how I miss having a retriever to play ball with. So much fun. And Jack with the balls, classic! Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are no ball chasers here. Well, actually we WILL chase a ball, but bring it back - forget it - if you wanted it back, why did you throw it away?

    Oh, that shot of Jack with the three balls cracked us up:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silly Jack! Hope you find the ball before you need to mow. I’ve killed so many balls that way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack makes me smile:) You can never have too many tennis balls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I to have relatives in WI. They have a wonderful magazine called Our Wisconsin that we subscribe to if your husband is interested in that stuff. Love the pics of the balls in mouths-reminds me of my dogs love for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for a game of ball! None of my dogs ever fetched a ball. They'd chase it, but not bring it back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BOL BOL BOL Jack...I wish my mouth could hold 3 deSSerts at one time. Possibly ice cream. Yay you. We have a black Lab named Jack, 3 doors down from us.
    He is almost 14 but when he sees a friend he turns into a youngster. He loves head pats like I'm sure you do too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

  15. First, the sunflowers from this week are amazing! We hope some of the balls turn up or are replaced. Enjoy these last few lovely days. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!