Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sunny Days of November


I wanted to start by thanking everyone for your comments about Hamlet. He's doing really well, and is adjusting to life in "the group home" with no problems. He's really a very sweet and nice Golden. He seems a bit sad at times and doesn't "smile" like the other Goldens do, but I'm hoping that soon he'll once again feel joy and happiness as he settles into his life with us, and knows that he's safe.

We have had a couple of sunny days this week in Virginia. When the sun is out, I remember why I love the fall. I love the leaves, and the feeling of cool crisp air, and just the overall feeling of the season. Another reason I love it is that the fall wardrobe is so much more me than any other season. I really look forward to the jackets, sweaters, vests, a long sleeve denim shirt, and getting to wear my flannel pajamas! I love them all, and feel comfortable and cozy wearing the layers of sweaters over long sleeves and of course I love warm socks!!

On one of the sunny days the dogs and I got out and enjoyed the sunshine. We took a walk up to the field in back of us. I always like seeing all the little bird nests that were hidden in the branches of the trees. It also reminded me that there are some rather large rocks that I want Carl to get and bring down to our house. The rocks are all part of a stone fence that divided the two properties at one time. The wall has long since fallen over, and in the summer you can barely see them. I'd wanted to get them in the spring, but it warmed up pretty quickly, and I always worry about finding a snake or something else equally terrifying!

The leaves are now pretty much off the maple tree, and all the other trees too...It's all time I guess because this week we cruise right to Thanksgiving! Today while I was out running errands, one of the local radio stations is playing nothing but Christmas music...Is it really time for Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully Hamlet will smile soon. He has had a hard few months.

    I still can't get my head around what happen to him. Maybe he is thinking the same thoughts and wondering why?

    I would have never left him behind.
    Shame on the people who did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad Hamlet is settling in......will you keep him forever?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!