It's the end of the first week of making a conscious effort to try and be a bit more mindful of what Carl and I are eating. I have to admit that I've done pretty well despite that lurking within the cupboards of the office where I work are the remnants of the Christmas baskets we received. As a result, I have been reminded of the basic truths about eating that I just can't deny which are:
1. Cake is delicious anytime.
2. Broccoli tastes better with cheese sauce.
3. There is no real substitute for butter.
4. Fruit does make a great dessert--- But it's even better baked with a crisp topping and served with ice cream.
5. At the end of a long day, when you're tired, worn out and stressed out, something 'light and healthy' can make for a disappointing meal.
These are just my observations after the first week. Todd on the other hand, continues to be stuck on his own observations.
I wonder how they feel about eating healthy?