Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Finish Line

Since my brother's passing in February, I've felt like my life has been like running a marathon.  Each event of the past few months from the sale of my Mom's home, to Todd's "Rocky Creek Scottie Reunion," have all been mile-markers along the way.  Some of the miles traveled, like the reunion, were great fun! Others have been both difficult and challenging.    
~Todd (right), greeting his litter-mate and sister Stirling~ 
But now, with no more trips planned for a few months, most of the family matters settled, I have limped across the finish line and I feel nothing but relief.  I think it all caught up with me. Last week I was feeling worn out and went to bed a few nights before it was even dark. Now I'm feeling energized and have caught up on several things I've been neglecting.  This weekend I've felt no stress and have been able to enjoy being home.
I did however take the lovely Lexi back to the vet on Saturday for a recheck of her infected ears.
Other than her ears and what appears to be a thyroid problem, she's a healthy girl. Lexi did have a bit of a bumpy start here at Golden Pines because of a pretty upset stomach, that affected her appetite for more than a week. It's easy to tell that she's feeling much better, because she is a really enthusiastic eater!  Lexi may forget about being a lady at mealtimes, but she does know when it's time to leave, as you can see in the photo below--She thought it was time to leave the vet!  
With that, we're feeling ready for summer, and ready (I hope) for whatever may be ahead.  I think Georgie is ready and excited about it, don't you?

28 comments:

  1. so so glad things are settling down for you. you deserve some normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too . . happy for you that things are settling . . . for you.
    Loved the Golden ready to go. Our neighbor friends with their Golden does the same thing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been quite a time, hasn't it? I'm so glad things are settling into a nice normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgie would be more excited about a trip to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear things have calmed down for you. I hope the summer is a nice quiet one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a long rough patch, and I'm glad to hear that you're energized again. I'm glad that Lexi is feeling better, and I also was thrilled to read your post about Georgie! You have such a wonderful group of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lexi, you are such a lady! Ruby had tummy troubles when she first came to us, too. I think that like people, some dogs just carry their stress in their stomachs. So glad things are settling down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does feel nice to be caught up, time to enjoy your sweet doggies and the up coming summer. Lexi is such a sweetie and I love Georgie too. All your pups are adorable.. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice - that last "have to event" ticked off for a while. Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of the unhurried lifestyle you need, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you needed that break. We're all so glad to see summer arrive, I think. Beautiful dogs. Makes me miss my German Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's hope you're in for a smooth run for a long time. Just kick back and enjoy all those pups and your own nest for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad things are settled down for you, Kim. And glad you have no trips planned. Summer is a time for relaxation and fun. Love these photos! And yes, she's definitely ready to leave the vet! Lol. She says come ON! No dilly dallying allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching a break sounds just right. Todd's sister is adorable. Now, I hope you and all those pups can relax and enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Troubles seem to come at the same time and it takes a lot out of everybody. I hope your summer is lovely and stress-free.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your summer is wonderful. Georgie, you crack me up with your enthusiasm. I'm sure you're smiling on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim,, you have been on a non-stop marathon! Every day we felt for you,,,,knowing you wished so much to be home and have things normal again. You gave everything you had to accomplish what you needed to do Kim,.,, helping get things taken care,,,
    And now thank goodness you are home,,,, and I hope your able to enjoy some spring sounds,, and smells,, and your fireflies!!!!
    The moon in half Kim,, do you see it?
    Were glad the furrys are all doing good,,
    Here is a hug
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you are feeling less stressed. Sometimes when we are under that type of pressure, we do not even realize how stressed we are until it stops.

    I'm sure being home with the crew will help revitalize you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry about your brother, Kim. Sorry I haven't kept up for a while; we've had some health issues here too - all good now! Love looking at all your dogs - they always make me smile (sometimes teary) but they warm my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good your less stressed Kim, not healthy to be under stress. Love the fur babies, always make me smile.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope that you can have a restful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excited...humnnnn wonderful dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful girl Lexie is ,and very independent ! Guess nothing much fazes Georgie - he looks sooo laid back!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lexie is a beautiful girl and so independent. Georgie looks s though nothing fazes him - he's one cool pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful girl Lexie is - and so independent. Somehow it looks as though nothing fazes Georgie - he's one laid-back pooch.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!