Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Stars Eddie and Todd

My week ended with a fun night out with a good friend, that began at a local restaurant.  I've only one word to describe dinner - Delicious! 
~Part of my dinner - parmesan crusted mac and cheese with smoked ham~
After dinner, we went to see Eddie Izzard who is celebrating his book, "Believe Me."  In his trademark comedy style, he frankly and honestly recounted the highs and lows of his personal and professional life.  I was taken by Eddie telling about how being lousy at something didn't stop him from doing it. In fact, it often had the opposite effect, especially when it was something he felt strongly about; it drove him to work harder and to become better at whatever it was. A lesson to remember!   My friend has been a devoted Eddie Izzard fan for a very long time, and this was the second time I've gone with her to see him. And I have to admit that the show left me with an understanding of what's at the core of who Eddie Izzard is, and (Vicki) I’m becoming one of his devoted fans too.

It was a late night, but it was an early start on Friday because it was Todd's turn to be the star.  He returned to the vet. 
~A prisoner inside the mobile crate~
The staples in his neck have been removed, but his back-leg is still an issue. On Wednesday he started crying and holding up his leg again after he'd been jumping up. So, I made sure the vet had enough time to take a second look. But of course at the vet, he didn't show any signs of limping or favoring that back-leg.  My thoughts about what it could be and the vets are totally different because she's unable to illicit any kind of response when she examines Todd.  But he's been put on an anti-inflammatory medication for two weeks, and if that doesn't help, we'll take it to the next level of taking x-rays to try and figure it out.  Until then we're to keep him crated, and not allow him to jump up.
I think we'll be doing those x-rays. 

24 comments:

  1. I think Eddie Izzard went up in my estimations when he did all those marathons for charity a few years ago. remarkable. As for Todd, hope he gets sorted soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with keeping Todd crated for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.... poor Todd! When it rains, it pours. At least you were fortified with a delicious meal, my friend. Comfort food does make the road a little more smooth. Love, Andrea (from my new "home" on Blogger) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe next time Todd shows symptoms you can get a video of it so at least your vet won't think you're imagining it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of people who are lousy at doing something but do it anyway. Just go to any government office to verify this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, my daughter's old lab mix just messed up his leg and may end up needing surgery. I hope Todd improves quickly. As for that mac and cheese....way off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm - I wonder if Todd's leg could be popping in and out of the joint?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Todd, we've always relied on him to be the healthy one, when all around him are ailing. Hope that he will be back to his sassy self very soon. Good luck keeping him "restrained" if he needs surgery and rest.
    Surprised to see Eddie Izzard's name mentioned here - he's a Brit (like me) and I didn't think his type of humour would cross the pond successfully, but delighted to know that it has.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can just imagine keeping Todd crated and quiet is no fun for anyone! Hope it heals quickly and naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure hope Todd gets feeling better with some rest.
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. That mac n cheese looks so tasty. Bet you enjoyed it. Poor Todd. We hope you can get to the bottom of that limp. Maybe his knee is slipping a little. Mom had a cockapoo that would have that happen quite frequently.

    Eddie sounds like a very wise man. Mom is going to have to google him and find out more.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. That mac and cheese looks delish. Keeping Tood in our thoughts.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, sending my get well wishes for Todd. I hope he is OK, maybe being the crate will help him mend. Have a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. poor little guy!
    the invincible Todd. he does indeed look like he's peering out from prison! XO♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope Todd’s issue gets resolved.
    I think he is letting you know he “feels” something!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get well soon Todd!!!
    I'm sure a nice helping of that tasty looking mac and cheese would be the bestest medicine evers!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Todd,,, we are so sorry you are still limping. I know your mom is silently worrying. XRAYS will show whats wrong Todd, if they have to happen,, so be a good boy and rest for awhile ,,,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you had a fab time out with your friend . Oh dear poor Todd I hope he hast done what Miggs has done to her other back leg now and that is ruptured or tare her cranial cruciate ligament, or CCL that requires surgery but once done they are as good a new for life . Hope all works out well for you and Todd . Thanks for sharing , try and have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  19. What did you say? Crated? Oh my gosh Mom (coming from Sir Todd of course) I can't be crated for two whole weeks, YIKES lol! Hugs for now from your newest follower by way of ABritnTennessee's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, poor Todd. I bet that he doesn't like being slowed down in any way. I sure hope that the leg heals soon! It's amazing how a dramatic limp can disappear when you go to the vet. It's adrenaline, I think. I've found that adrenaline can totally mask acute pain in me... until later when the adrenaline is gone...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry poor Todd is experiencing problems. It must be putting quite a damper on his guard duties!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wishing all the best to Todd and a speedy recovery. Catching up a bit, it was wonderful to see that Lucky had found his forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to say it's been a very long time since I have looked at your posts. I haven't posted in quite awhile myself. One of your photos stopped me in my tracks. The Weinberg Center is in my home town. Love that place. Hope Todd is getting better. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!