Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hello and Good-Bye to Chip

Hello Blogging Friends!

On the off chance that any of you are still reading my blog after not being present for the past 3+ weeks, I'll start by saying that I'm so glad you have stopped by! I'll also say that all that's been happening behind the scenes, my fight or flight response kicked in with a vengeance, and I chose "flight" and hid myself away from social media to recharge.
~Greenhouses, a perfect place to socially distance & recharge!~
I'm feeling better, and ready to tell you all that's happening. To not take away from the events and take too much of your time, I'll break it into smaller posts this week.


I have to begin with telling you about the loss of Chip last Friday, May 8th. His battle, our battle together against bone cancer was not one that we knew we would or could win. But I'd hoped that we'd have more time to try. It was not meant to be. Managing the pain that this type of cancer always brings, became nearly impossible. And I'd promised him ............

The picture below is the last one of Chip that I took. There was a peace about him as he sat there looking and smiling at me. Time stood still in that perfect moment - And before it ended, I quickly took this picture. Looking at it now, how everything changed so quickly afterwards, maybe he was telling me everything he wanted me to know.
~The very last photo of Chip~
Chip left this life for the next on the peace of our front porch as two hummingbirds I've not seen much since, buzzed around us. Chip's life had been one filled with so many things that made him afraid. I'm grateful that for two years we were able to show him that the world was not one to always be fearful and afraid of. I'm grateful that he learned about being part of a family. I'm grateful that he learned about companionship. I'm grateful he learned about treats, warm beds, toys and being carefree and loved.  I'm grateful he was part of our lives.

Despite those fears, Chip had such a gentle, kind, trusting heart and soul. And, I know that he trusted us. His color for our rainbow can only be one color, and that's blue. Blue is often associated with trust, depth and stability and it symbolizes confidence, and heaven.  He had all those things.

On Saturday I heard the song Tin Man, by America, and the words,
"Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man, That he didn't, didn't already have" 
reminded me of Chip. Someone had said that we'd given Chip so much. But I don't think so. He already had everything and so much more inside him. We just helped him to find it.
~A first photo of Chip in June 2018~

27 comments:

  1. So very sorry about Chip. You kept him safe and loved him.

    I'm sure there are plenty of us checking in, suspecting you are busy with all your companions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two photos of sweet Chip say it all: from sadness and concern in the photo from the first day to love, trust, contentment, peace, and a smile in the last picture. I wish you'd had more time with him, too, but you had enough to time to fill up his heart with happiness.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh dear Kim, another beautiful soul crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, I can believe he is now pain free and running with all those friends who have passed before him. RIP sweet boy !
    I completely understand the 'flight' mode, I myself feel like finding an Alice in Wonderland hole, and falling down :)
    Loved seeing your name pop up on my blog roll.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'er so sorry to hear about Chip but we know he was happy to be with you these past couple of years. Even though you've been away we will always be here when you come back. Sometimes you just need a little time away and right now things are all a bit out of sorts for everyone. We send you warm hugs to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chip was lucky to have those two years with you. We suspect you gave a lot to each other.

    We hope you are staying well and healthy.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farewell, Chip. We know he found love and safety before he had to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless Chip and God bless you for being an angel for these beautiful loving creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Dreams Chip, See you on the other side.
    ♥ Astro and Mitzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the last photo of Chip. I do believe he was letting you know that he knew all you gave to him. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no good way to go. Kyla, the foodie Scottie, went eating treats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chip, you darling boy, so loved, and for two years, more than you would have imagined. A huge gap left, but what a joyous welcome as you walked pain free over the bridge, with BLUE as your true colour. Kim, you will miss Chip so much, but know he had the best of love and more, and with hummingbirds flying a farewell, with you right there, no fears. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. How contented Chip looks in that very last photograph. Such a difference from the first one where he looks so sad and uncertain. You gave him such a happy two years Kim, and he left you all, knowing that life could be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh darling Chip. you finally KNEW real love.
    a family of your very own. and you will be missed. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,

    So sorry, Chip was a beautiful dog. I am glad he enjoyed his last days with you enjoying his life. Sending hugs. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hugs for the loss of Chip. There is nothing wrong with needing to take care of ourselves and if that means stepping back from social media, that is okay. The true followers of yours will totally understand. I know I for one will not stop following you even if you take breaks as you are kind compassionate soul that I only wish I had a friend in real life. You are a good person to do what you do for all these dogs. I can only hope that someday I can do what you do and help save more gsds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for taking care of Chip. I think all of us felt he was part of our family thru you. Take care of yourself and blessing to the whole gang.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear the news about Chip. Take comfort in knowing he is now pain-free at finally at peace. You gave him the knowledge that life can be a good and happy thing during his final days with you.
    Hugs
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sad to hear about Chip. But we're glad you were able to give him a loving home for his last remaining years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful coat he had...he looked so calm and peaceful and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hugs. Thank you for sharing your chip with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My daughter’s Yellow Lab died of bone cancer when he was only 9. It was so sad to see him sick and struggle and so hard to let him go. We all loved him dearly, but we could not let him suffer like that. Bone cancer is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Kim. I am so sorry about Chip but I see the peace and smile in Chip's eyes in his last photo. He loved you. Bone cancer is a horrible disease, and I'm glad that you made that promise to him. I went through it with Angel K - so I get it. Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know Chip was so special and you will miss him. You are so courageous to do what is best for the dog even if you want a few more weeks. Positive thoughts from here to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We all wish Chip had had more time with you, but not more than you wanted the same thing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chip was a beautiful boy, I'm sorry you didn't have more time with him. Our Murphy, despite all odds, is still enjoying life, though we know any day could be his last.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful and moving tribute to this very special boy. His last photo says it all; this was a happy dog who knew he was loved. There is nothing I can add but that I will miss sweet Chip and am so thankful that his last years were spent amid friends who loved him. On a side note, please don’t imagine that you take “too much” of your readers’ time. Golden Pines is always at the top of my list, even though it sometimes means heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so sorry for your loss, and that I am so late to reading this and expressing that. Your two years with Chip were obviously so special on both sides. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!