Saturday, April 16, 2022

Progress for Jaycee

 After nearly a month for me at home, and 50 days since Jaycee arrived, I think we've both made pretty good progress. 

~Spring flowers for sale at a local feed store~

Jaycee is now available for adoption via the rescue. There have already been a couple of calls, but neither were a good fit from her. She is a really nice dog, and has a gentle and easy going personality. She's nervous meeting new people, but if someone is with her that she knows, she's fine. 

~ I love Jaycee's smile in this photo~

Her house-manners are a work in progress, as we expected them to be. She's gaining more confidence when it comes to exploring the yard and the house on her own. One thing that you can't help but notice, is that Jaycee highly food motivated (such a Lab thing!) she's very sensitive and is a pleaser. She is very curious about everything and wants to do as she's asked, she just needs someone to show her the way. 

It's not that Jaycee doesn't have any one to help her do that. There are plenty of mentors in our house, and she's great at following the crowd. But in hopes of helping her find her "inner-Lab" we are teaching her about retrieving. Jaycee chases after the ball, but her bringing it back needs just a little bit of work. In the video below, you can see that she runs right past us every time, and every time she makes us laugh. I'm sure that eventually Jaycee will get the hang of it.


And finally, here's another bit of advice I've picked up by watching Julia Child this past week.

 **Remember to time your vegetables perfectly with your meal, so they don't get cold or get overcooked.** 

 At our house timing is everything at mealtime. And when I forget to steam the veggies beforehand .... well, it gets noisy and crowded with too many cooks in the kitchen!

21 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Jaycee is a beautiful dog, I am glad she is making progress. She just needs a little more time playing fetch. Cute photos. Do doggies like beans. Happy Easter to you and your family. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see Jaycee learning to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear Jaycee is adjusting and you are healing. Happy Easter weekend! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad to hear you are doing well in your recovery. Jaycee is such a sweet girl. We bet she will get the hang of retrieving soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely girl Jaycee is. She looks adorable in that third photo - who could resist her? I hope that she soon finds her perfect forever home.
    So pleased to hear that you are making good progress, and are feeling much better.
    Happy Easter to you all at Golden Pines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Labs are my favorite of dogs but have never had a REAL one. ha ha... hubby and i are rescuers of senior dogs because we are seniors. we rescue senior mutts that no one wants. 3 of our rescues were part lab. our first dog was Max a lab/pit.. he would not allow other dogs so for 16 years we had just one. we got up to 3 at one time. too much for our tiny house and now we are 77 for me 85 for hubby so we do one at a time. I read every post from this one all the way back to the rescue of precious JayCee who made tears run down my face thinking of her.. I read about your surgery and I think you did the right thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment today..prayers for a quick recovery and thank you for resuceing all these beautiful dogs...

      Delete
  7. Oh, Kim I miss so much when I don't blog regularly. I did't know about your surgery. I'm glad you are recovering well, I can imagine it must have been a difficult time. Faith says she could teach Jaycee a thing or two about how to properly retrieve a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patience...she will eventually bring the ball back, it is great exercise. I am very jealous of your green grass:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your recovery is going well. Jaycee is a sweetheart. ❤️

    I hope you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that smile says she is in dog heaven.
    She is beautiful, will make the right people a perfect companion.
    Glad you are doing well. You are an earth angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe her hearing you laugh is what she wants. :)

      Delete
  11. What a darling girl! She makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi - Thanks for the heads up on the liver medication. I'll try at the pharmacy tomorrow and see if it's available in France. There have been mega problems with Google comments so glad that they seem to be working again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, I don't comment very often, but I'm wondering how your recovery is going now? Jaycee has such beautiful eyes, I do hope the prefect home comes along for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi friends, Ojo here! That is a happy smile indeed! Also, I usually pick up the Ball and run away with it... Fetching is over-rated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hoping you are ok and full recovered from your medical procedure. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi friends, Ojo here again. We are thinking about all of you and hoping you are doing okay. Sending licks and wags and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Kim. You're much in my thoughts and hopes that all is well at Golden Pines. Take care, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope your recovery is going well and your energy is returning. I know the dogs love having you at home!
    I also hope Jaycee is doing well and perhaps already has a new forever home.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!