Thursday, May 26, 2022

Hello Friends!

Hello Friends! 

What a whirlwind it has been at our house! Updating my blog has been something I have thought about every day. Really. But when I would sit down to begin a post, the words just wouldn't come. Then someone told me this week to just push through it, and to just start writing. So, that's what I'm doing and so lets see where this post goes. 

To start, I really want to thank everyone who have stopped by leaving comments and sending messages asking how I'm doing, and how our gang is doing too. I so appreciate your friendship, your concern and your letting me know that you were thinking of us - It really meant a lot; you all are truly the best! ❤

I returned to work exactly a month post-surgery.

~Sitting in commuter-traffic--- grrrrr .... My least favorite thing to do~

After my first post-op appointment, my doctor had recommended that I take another week or two off work, but I didn't listen to her or friends that were telling me the same thing. I know now, I should have, because I was exhausted and yes, also grouchy and irritable. The good thing is, is that the doctor and all that I read were right, it did get easier and better. This past week or so, I finally feel like my energy is back to where it was, and I'm finally feeling like myself again. *And as a post note, I'll add that the biopsies have all come back "clear." 

~Max~

The report on the dogs has been a bit of a mix bag. A few of our crew are a tad-bit worse for wear, but as always, they're in pretty good spirits and great company.

~Ree~

Todd did have a small scuffle with Jack, that Jack started because he didn't like Todd barking at people he could see walking around the adjoining property. Todd hurt his neck, and there was an injury behind his ear that was made a little bit complicated by a prior ear infection that turned into an aural-hematoma. As a result of that, Todd has an ear that may never stand up straight again. I feel terrible and guilty about it. 

On a much lighter note, going back to April, we did celebrate Todd's 11th birthday - Can you believe that Todd is 11 years old? As always, I'm continuing to ask that ongoing question, " just where the heck does time go?"

Wherever times disappears to, I'll keep this short for now and just say, that I'm so glad you stopped by, and I really am looking forward to catching up on all that I've missed!

16 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So glad you are getting back in your groove with work and the pups. Tomorrow I am getting a pacemaker, which I never thought would happen. Hopefully it will be a fast recovery. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read you are healing nicely, and returning to your routines, one by one. Keep taking things slowly Kim, you have undergone a huge surgery, your body needs time to heal and become strong.
    Sorry the dogs got into a scuffle, but hopefully they'll behave themselves for the remaining months.
    Thinking of you often sweet lady.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to see you back and know that things are settling down nicely at Golden Pines.
    Poor Todd - that ear gives him a "rakish" look! Hope all has turned out well for Jaycee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hear you are doing well and your biopsies were all clear. Going back to work after time off is never easy. Sorry to hear about Todd's ear, but we also send him belated birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back Kim and doing well. Sorry about Todd and Jack getting into a scuffle. With the love and care you give all your dogs, you should never feel guilty. Things like that happen. I thought Ellie was going to attack Eli one morning recently...Obviously, Ellie didn't like Eli waiting to get to the food bowl. Dogs are funny, aren't they. Happy Birthday Mr. Todd. Take good care of yourself Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy all the biopsies are clear! Poor Todd, gotta love him with one ear up and one down...it happens. Rest when you can! That commute would drive me bats:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're sending you lots of POTP, and hugs in hopes that you feel better real soon. And Todd too. It was great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was wonderful to hear from you. POTP and healing purrs for you and Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are still getting used to the new comment forms. Sorry we didn't meant to be anonymous. It was wonderful to hear from you. POTP and healing purrs for you and Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You’re back! You’re well!! Gail in New Kent

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful uplifting return! thank goodness the biopsy reports were clear. even getting well you've had your challenges. you deserve EVERY rest and happiness there is.
    little Todd has loads of character! take care dear heart. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww.... poor little Todd & that droopy ear. Well, he's still a dapper handsome man all the same... and 11 years old?! My goodness, I wish I aged as well as he has! I'm sure glad you're on the mend too, darlin'. Yes, we all think we're invincible until we start moving more than the doctor tells us. Then we're reminded that we're not so invincible after all. We've all done it so don't be too hard on yourself, my friend. I'm just glad you've come as far as you have. Keep moving ahead, knowing we're all behind you! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I love this post except about Todd’s ear. I also can’t believe he is 11! Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to see you feeling up to writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi friends, Ojo here! I do not know what a biopsy is, but my person tells me this is very good news. Congratulations and hurray! Todd, we are sorry to hear about your ear, we hope it's healing well. As a Dog, I will say I do not care if my ear stands up right or not... It is most important that I am loved. And you are!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!