Sunday, June 25, 2017

Meet Your Match

A good nights sleep, and we were all recovered from our puppy experience.

Next up was Molly who was scheduled to have surgery and a tooth extracted on Thursday.  Of course I always worry anytime one of the dogs has to have surgery. For several reasons, this one had me a little more unsettled. But I trusted the cosmos and of course the vet to take care of her and she did just fine. By 6:30 that evening, I was picking up a very sleepy Molly, who ended up having two teeth taken out. Showing her true Golden Retriever personality, she's not complained at all about any pain or discomfort and has been a very compliant post-op patient.
We rounded the corner at the end of the week with a couple of inquiries about our foster-kitty, Charlie.  I'd received a couple of e-mails in which the subject line read "Meet Your Match."  I'd seen the e-mails, and not looking at who they were from, I simply deleted them, thinking they were spam; wouldn't you have thought that too?   Turns out, they were inquiries about Charlie.  After several apologies to the SPCA, and a few phone calls to respond to those e-mails, Charlie was taken and introduced to a retired couple that on paper were perfect for him,  He didn't like them.  Charlie is such a cat.

This takes us to Max, who as you know is also available for adoption.  I've heard from no one interested in him.  I'll admit that I'm a little surprised.  But there's no rush. I know that like Charlie, Max will "meet his match" soon enough.
And speaking of "meeting your match...."  Today is a bit of a celebration.  Six years ago today, Todd arrived at Golden Pines.
It was a day that changed us forever! In some ways, I have certainly "met my match" but on a daily basis we get to see the world through the eyes of a Scottie, and it's a fun adventure!

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kismet! Todd is the only dog in our household that is not a rescue. He is a Rocky Creek Scottie - I met Lynn via another blogger and we became friends. When she knew we were looking for a puppy, that was not a Golden, she asked if I'd ever considered a Scottie. I hadn't. I did some reading, and liked what I read, and when she had an upcoming litter, we were put on her waiting list, and the rest is now history!

      Delete
    2. I know that you're into Labs and Goldens-great. Around this house when it comes to dogs, the terriers from Scotland are the best. We're in the Todd fan club but our terriers are mixes and rescues.

      Delete
  2. Quiet after the pup was gone, I'm sure. Happy to hear that Molly came through surgery in good shape, bless her. Sigh, Charlie Cat is showing his colors, haha. Funny no calls for Max, he's such a sweetie.
    Happy Anniversary to you and Todd. I still remember your excitement and anticipation waiting for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you've had enough sleep, you can face almost anything. Happy Gotcha Day, Todd. Too bad Charlie didn't like the people....we would have deleted that heading, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly, bless your little socks, well done, Charlie, maybe you will decide one day or not, Max, your are so lovable, and Todd, 6 years, a milestone to be friends with everyone who arrives or leaves. Sleep well, you northern folks. Down here, cold, tonight we have been warned, even colder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max is an adorable dog and I hope he finds his forever home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely catch up, there is a place for all 'somewhere' and in the meantime they do love being with you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie obviously knows when he's onto a good thing. I can't imagine why no-one wants Max - he looks such a lovely boy. So good to know that Molly is fine after her surgery, always a worry when our babies need to have an operation.
    Has Todd really been showing everyone who's boss for six years !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading about the goings on with the gang at Golden Pines! I got a chuckle when it came to Todd. Seems others may have their troubles and triumphs, but in the end, it really is All About Todd 'round your place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a great day for Rocky Creek Scotties when we placed Todd in your fantastic home!! I'm so happy that he brings you Joy.

    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, waving bye to Cookie. I hope the pup is happy in the new home. I am so glad all went well with Molly. I just love cute Max, he looks so lovable. Happy 6th Anniversary to Todd. Cute photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day to Todd! I'm glad you are getting better rest without a puppy to wake you throughout the night. I think many people would have deleted those emails or they might automatically end up in a spam folder with that subject line.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think todd will be a puppy the rest of his life! he still seems that way to me anyway.
    and I've always heard... you never choose a cat. THEY choose YOU! apparently it's true at golden pines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cookie has an irresistable face.
    So glad all went well with Molly.
    Charlie is so pretty; who can blame him for staying?
    Max is adorable, too.
    And love the picture of a small Todd. He doesn't look at all frightened by the big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All in due time for the kitties needing homes. Happy Gotcha Day to Todd - somePup has to keep you on your toes:)

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Gotcha day Todd. Glad you have all recovered from the pup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Max will have his time. Todd will have a wonderful birthday and Charlie will let you know when he finds the companions he's comfortable with. They will get on with enjoying life and leave all the worrying to humans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We think that is a smart kitty. He knows what a good deal he has and he doesn't want to change it. We're all sad that Max may be leaving. He looks a lot like us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So did Charlie come back to you, or are they sticking it out?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, that's definitely a cat for you. No matter what you think, they are the deciders. The photograph looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Gotcha Day to Todd! Glad surgery went well and I hope your pup finds his forever home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Gotcha Day to sweet Todd! He has changed your life. And, I was around back when he arrived. Wow. I hope that the others "meet their matches" (I would've thought it was spam too). And, I'm so glad that Molly is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the "paws crossed" Charlie . . .
    I love all of the personalities at the pines!
    Happy Molly did well with her two extractions . . .

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!