Sunday, August 18, 2019

BAD DOG .....owner

For the 3 days a week that I work, I do my best to stick to a morning schedule that starts around 5:30. I have until about 7:15 to get all the dogs out at least twice, medicated, fed, watered, settled, house tidied up, and get myself ready for work.
~Waiting for breakfast~
With the dogs it's easy to get behind, which sometimes happens - When I leave, usually in a rush, I always give all the dogs treats, grab a snack for work, make sure outdoor kitty Gino has a bowl of food and water for his day outside. When I pull out of the garage, I glance at the yard, and make sure everyone is inside.
Okay that's how it's supposed to work on a perfect morning. Because after the dogs have all eaten, I get them out again, and Todd stays outside until I get ready to leave for work. And when I leave, I always get Todd inside and give him a "Kong" when he goes into his crate.

I'm not sure what exactly happened on Tuesday. But I know I was running my usual late. And the note below was left by our dog-walker.

Thank-goodness that she's reliable. It was a cloudy day, and there was only a little bit of rain, but of course I felt bad that he'd been left alone outside. Some friends had this to say about it when I posted about it on Facebook: .

  • Bonnie  - I’m sure Tod had a Great time!❤️🐾❤️
  • Jane - Scottie Todd is a hearty Scot.
  • Lynn -  In true highlander spirit, Todd probably had a blast in the rain!!
  • Vicki M - ...I’ll bet Todd had tons of fun in the rain! 😘🐾🐾❤️
  • Wendy - Are kidding!!! All that free time to run and play all alone. Even dogs need ‘me’ time! 😊
  • Vicki S in a text said - He ate his extra cookies, had a nice long drink to wash them down and slept the sleep of a guardian of the castle until You came home.
They're right of course. Todd was safe and totally fine. He just needs to be groomed. Which will probably upset him more than being left outside for a few hours.

20 comments:

  1. Ha - we would not mind at all if we got some extra playtime in the rain:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. He terrierized the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Todd is a handsome guy and I hope he enjoyed his unplanned outdoor time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a real trooper, but maybe he thought this was a special day and enjoyed every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am sure Todd enjoyed his "me" time outside. You do have a busy morning! Have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he's a hardy little scot! probably out there hunting for his bag and pipes!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bet Todd had lots of fun outside and are glad he was rescued by the dog walker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brave chap Todd is. He's probably even now planning how he can stay outdoors next time you're in a great hurry !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Scottie loved the rain. He would stand outside in it even though there was shelter right there. His coat was so soft afterwards, like he'd been rinsed in Downy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure Todd had a PAWSOME time on his own running about outside....ad he scored EXTRA treats, woohoo!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's easy to get distracted while trying to get away. We always have to shut Mackey in the bedroom in case she has a seizure while we're gone. She tries to hide so we forget about her. Todd probably enjoyed his freedom. Thanks for your words of wisdom yesterday. The loss of my boys hit me harder than I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We think he probably had a great time playing in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We think Todd would have had fun. The scotties here, love being outside. (Bella just got a grooming reprieve because the weather has turned cold again.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fact that he stays outside until it's time for you to leave probably speaks to how much he loves it out there. He's been waiting for the day you left him! :)
    It's great that you have a reliable dog walker!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have great friends! Todd did better than you did after all. They all were correct to let you know you probably did Todd a favor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet he had wonderful naps in the sun!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's a true Scottie and I'm sure he amused himself while he was outside and thought it was the best day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Groomed because of a wee bit of rain ? Bet he was busy inspecting his property !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure you felt bad about that, I would have too, but everyone is right, he was just fine and probably enjoyed hanging out in the yard all day watching nature all around him!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!