Sunday, August 11, 2019

The Vet and Nostalgia

A pretty non eventful week has passed with the dogs all being in good spirits.

On Thursday I was off to the office of mobile vet with Charlie, Sunny and Chip. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made the appointment for the 3 of them together.  It took me nearly 10 minutes just to get Chip into my van. He was nervous, but he relaxed once we got there. By the time we left, Chip was feeling confident enough to take treats from Mobile Vet, and he just hopped up into my van when we were leaving.
~A nervous and unsure Chip~
Sunny however, being our problem child was a bit of a handful. He snapped at Mobile Vet a couple of times. But he has a really ugly ear infection. Of course Mobile Vet was very gentle and understanding about his grouchiness and was patient with him. We did put a muzzle on Sunny just to keep everyone safe.

Then of course, there's Charlie, who is good no matter where you take him. Back at home he enjoyed another bowl of ice. Judging by how he acted, I'd say it felt good on his face.

One thing that I did at the end of the week was to go through some old pictures of Charlie. I remembered that I got him from the shelter in late July. But I had a question in my mind about the year. Was it 2005 or was it 2006? Not that it really matters.

I found the pictures I was looking for, which are the first ones I took of him. They confirmed what I thought. Charlie came to us in 2006. Thirteen years ago. Wasn't he a cutie?

I loved seeing the other pictures of those familiar faces that were on the disc too. They all made me smile and made me feel a sense of nostalgia.
Aside from Charlie, all of them are gone. So yes, the photos also made me grieve, grieve a little over their losses all over again.  It's like looking through a window into those past memories.
~Charlie, Kasey and Josh with Abby (center) and a glimpse of Tucker~
But I felt a little warmer around and inside my heart for having the chance to have them as part of our lives.
~Who I called my "big girls," Kasey (left) and Wendy~
Have a good week, my friends!


18 comments:

  1. I am the same, and for all of us who love our cat or dog so much, the photo can bring tears all over again. But we gave them the best we could, they were loved beyond anything they imagined, and leave love in huge dollops. Where do the years go? XX from another wet day down here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just love all their cute faces. I enjoy looking back at photos of my old dogs, they are still missed. Cute video of Charlie and the ice. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Such smiling, happy faces! What a wonderful life you gave them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure had your hands full at the vet. Charlie is so funny with that bowl of ice. He even got one stuck to his neck fur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always adored Charlie. I always think of him as your travel pal! and that video of him chomping and loving his ice is just priceless.
    all good memories there. of love for each precious soul. you can rest at night knowing what a difference you've made for them ALL. they have returned your love in full measure. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those smiling dogs touched my heart. They lived with you and got the needed love that completed their lives. Lucky pups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Todd looks pretty pleased with himself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved seeing all of your doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We wish you a great week, too. So many dogs that felt love and safety in their old age because of your care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always with mixed feelings that we look at old photographs of dogs and family members. But the pleasant memories make it worthwhile. Hope you also have a most wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An uneventful week is not too bad:) We loved seeing Charlie enjoy his bowl of ice. Mom thought of you today as she took the five grands to see The Art of Racing in the Rain - bittersweet movie, lots of sadness but all immersed in a life of love.

    Have a great week.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with the mobile vet and 13 years with Charlie ! Of course as you've reminded us so many times they never really go - they just run on ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a brave woman to take 3 to the vet at once.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful memories of beautiful dogs you have. It is so bittersweet looking back at the old photos. Ever time photo memories pop up on Facebook of some of the old crew, I feel happy and sad all at the same time to see their faces. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tears in my eyes Kim... I cant help it..
    You have shared so much love with them... and I think at the Rainbow Bridge,, they are talking to all the others about your love,, and their wonderful life.. at Golden Pines
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Balm to the soul to see so many happy smiling faces, Kim. So many familiar names too, all of them loved so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pictures of always dear friends. I'm so glad that Chip, even though still hesitant, has gained so much confidence. I remember how uncertain he was when he first arrived at Golden Pines. And I love Charlie and his bowl! Thank you for once again brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. I've come back several times to look at the beautiful faces again; each one is radiant with happiness. It does my heart good to see them. And I meant to say that I hope Sunny's ear infection heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!