While we're all staying inside trying to stay cool I thought I'd take today to give a heart-felt thank you to two bloggers who recently passed on the 'Sunshine Award' for my blog. The first blog was Ruled By Paws
which is written by Brooke who works with a guide dog. Her blog is about her adventures with all her pups, Cessna, Canyon, Aspen and Rogue.
The second time the award was given to us, it came from brown dog cbr
which is a blog chronicling the antics of Hawk, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever who is an easy going boy who loves to run and find adventure.
I really enjoy both blogs and hope you'll stop over for a visit and get to know them!
When you receive the Sunshine Award, you're supposed to answer seven questions about yourself. Since I usually only follow rules when I absolutely have to, I've decided to change that up a little.
On July 3rd we celebrated 13 years with our girl Wendy, who is now almost 15 years old. She was the second dog Carl and I got, and of all of our dogs, she has been with us the longest. When I think of the years we've had together, and how embedded within our life she is I am humbled and grateful for that time with her.
So, today as a tribute to Wendy, I'm breaking the rules of the 'Sunshine Award' and am going to tell you seven things about her that you may not know.
1. Wendy is our only dog that will 'speak' when you ask her to
2. She never had an interest in chewing on bones, swimming, tennis balls or stuffed animals--In her younger days she was an energetic frisbee gal through and through.
3. She is not a full-bred Golden and is mixed with Border Collie. (probably why she loves the frisbee)
4. Wendy doesn't like the other dogs (or us) touching her while she sleeps. She'll give a single bark and a harmless snap to remind us to leave her alone.
5. Wendy is the very first dog we got from a rescue which means she has known every single dog we have ever fostered, adopted and owned. She also has known the 3 cats we've had too.
6. She came to us with the name of 'Amber' which I changed to Wendy, my favorite character in Peter Pan.
7. I knew the first time I met Wendy, that I really wanted her. We didn't get to bring her home with us that night, and I was worried that the foster home wouldn't pick us to adopt her--They did, and the rest is history!
|~Wendy and our First Golden, Tod~|
Here's to Wendy,
the Jewel of Golden Pines, Cheers!!