In the last couple of weeks, I've been given an award for my blog and I thought that today, since it is my 200th post, (YAY!!) I would acknowledge it and thank the two bloggers who gave it to me--I hope you'll take a moment and stop by their blogs and get to know them. The first time I was given the award it came from Sue, at The Portuguese Water Blog
. I love reading about her crew, their antics and their zest for life! Behind the scenes, I've appreciated Sue's e-mails of friendship and advice. The second time the award came it was from Victoria, at Beauty in the Ordinary
I am a new follower to this blog, and have enjoyed how two sisters, separated by geography, have taken the ordinary to a level of extraordinary! I hope you'll take a moment and visit these blogs. ~Thank-you ladies for thinking of me when you handed out this award!! I really appreciate your friendship and have enjoyed following your blogs!~
The rules of the award are that I'm to tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know, and pass it on. I'll tell you my 'seven things' but I'm going to break the rule and not pass it onto any of you in particular--This is because I know some of you are suffering from 'blog-writers-block' so (please) take this award and use it for your next post until your inspiration returns!
Here goes my seven things you may not know about me...
1. You may not know...that dogs were not my favorite animal growing up, cats were. We always had a family dog, but our cats were what I adored and couldn't get enough of.
|~My brother John and I--I was about 5 years old~|
2. You may not know...that I can be obsessive compulsive. I constantly change and redo things, trying to make it perfect. Even when I make comments on your blogs, I often rewrite my comment several times before I actually post it--Sometimes I just have to hit 'publish' and close your blog and not look back even when I know there may be a mistake, it's how I keep my 'OCD' in check.
3. You may not know...that I collect rocks...My Mom used to paint them.
4. You may not know...that I am six-feet tall.
5. You may not know...that I have never been to Disney World. My sister-in-law has worked for Disney for more than 30 years, and I could get in for free and have a place to stay, but I've never gone.
6. You may not know...that I love secrets. However since I was a kid, I've had a hard time keeping them, and still do...But I think this is why among my favorite books are the 'Post Secret' books
where people create a post card and send in their secrets anonymously--I'll let you in on a secret, on an impulse, I did this, and mine was published in the last book.
7. You may not know...that I really enjoy being with friends, but my favorite place to be is at home--I'll bet you already knew that!
There's no snow in sight for us in Virginia, just more hand-freezing temperatures! If it's cold where you are, I hope you're doing what my cat CC is doing and staying warm!
Or, if you are enjoying your warm weather, send some in this direction, okay?