Sunday, September 27, 2009

Already the End of September



I can't believe that it's the end of September already. I don't know where the month went, or how the summer got away from us. The nights are cooler and we're sleeping with the windows open now--I took this picture this morning because it showed how low the clouds were and how they were covering the mountains--The feel of fall is definitely in the air!


We're still working on getting our front porch painted. I'm so glad that Carl managed to get the priming done on Friday & Saturday and I have to say that even that was an improvement! Now we just need to decide on which color to paint it.

I heard back from the Sullivan family for our foster dog Maguire. I was thankful when they realized that they were not a fit for him. It's easier to have them realize it, than to have to explain it.
As for the rest of our life here on Mountain Road, I'm still "grossed out" by the bombardment of stink-bugs! This week I had them in my hair, down my shirt, and in my mouth--It was awful. They are covering the front and back of our house, and are buzzing around everywhere. I found a home remedy using the nicotine in cigarettes to kill them--It's messy, but it worked, and I'm cautiously optimistic that we can keep eliminating those %$#@ bugs until it gets cold and they're gone! Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!