Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reflections of Two Years

As usual, I've lost track of time--I don't know where October went. All I know is that before I turned around it was gone and so was all of its precious time it contained. But what is even more mind-boggling is to think of what's happened to us in the last two years. Two years ago in October, we sold our house in Ashburn, and bought our place here on Mountain Road. One week after that, my Mom passed away. Looking back on the last 2 years, it seems like it flew by in a blink. But I have to admit that it's easy to see missed goals, time wasted, and some of life’s other disappointments. It is however just as easy to choose to see the beauty, the blessings, the gifts and the miracles we’ve had during this same time.

We have grown to love living where we do, even though I know some think it's out in the middle of nowhere. I grew up around army posts and in neighborhoods full of kids--But the time spent at my Grandfathers while growing up, gave me my love for the country! Moving away from it all was something Carl & I thought about, dreamed about, and prayed about. We pictured it and it finally became a reality.

It's hard to fully explain all the things I've grown to love about living where I do. While I have to admit I could have done without the barage of stink bugs this year, being here has taught me to appreciate and see the world in a much different way. I have learned to see the beauty of the trees in all seasons...The rain, and the changing weather...The stars that seem so close in the night sky...The wonder in nature each time we see the deer, the ground hogs and hearing the birds singing and the owls in the wee hours of the morning...I always watch for and enjoy seeing the rabbits that have grown up this summer and live along our property...Watching and discovering all that is here.

Most of all I love that we have so much more room inside and out for our dogs! I love their excitement as they bark and run through the woods exploring and smelling and sometimes rolling in what they find. I love how happy and content they seem to be, and how content I feel in being here! While moving here two years ago came at a time when I had just lost my Mom, being here has helped to heal and ease the pain because there is so much life here on Mountain Road!! We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. you live in a beautiful part of the world. I love your house. I know how you feel adjusting to a new home!!

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!