Monday, May 27, 2019

Grounded and Focused on Life


To start, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for your gracious and kind words and sharing the loss of our girl Cissy. Saying thank-you actually doesn't sufficiently show my gratitude for what your friendship and support means to me.  Cissy was a loyal friend and an active part of our household for six years. She will be and is greatly missed.
~Cissy's bowl and collar~
On Friday morning I just wanted the world to stop and not be a part of it. It was hard to get going, and I didn't get the dogs fed until around 10 o'clock.  While their breakfast was late, my breakfast of cold ricotta-pizza and a diet coke showed right where my emotions were. 

Those of you with dogs, know that at your lowest moments, dogs have a way of making you chuckle and keeping you focused and grounded in life and reality. The video below shows how Todd did both of those things this past weekend when his ear was bothering him - And I really needed it.
What would we do without our four-legged-family members?
~Our foster girl Ginger~
Or our friends? Thank-you all again for your friendship!
~Rhett~

13 comments:

  1. My day is always better when I drop by and get a glimpse of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago, in New Zealand, a high school student won a speech competition with her words " Stop the World, I want to get off". I had that feeling each time we said goodbye to a so loved cat, and I truly understand how you felt after Cissy left. We share and care far more than I would ever have realised in our blogs, and your words of thanks also mean so much to us.Cissy and each one will always be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of us two leggers (two clawers) had a wing in it also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your posts are always a treasured part of my day.
    they put all the nastiness of the world into perspective for me.
    and little guys like Todd remind us of what it's all about!
    and those beautiful old faces that I never tire of seeing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold pizza in the AM isn’t bad at all. I’ve done it once or ten.

    Out pets can break our hearts but they can also mend them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, all the dogs are so cute. Love the Todd video. Do they know their job is to make us all smile and they do. I am glad you have the other dogs their to help you get thru the loss of Cissy. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all need a Todd to give us a few laughs when we need it most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww..... I needed Todd's antics today too, dear Kim. *haha* "NO, Mom.... I don't need you to look in my ear!! And I'm going to scoot inside the door, away from you, to prove it!" :-D ((((((((Kim))))))))) Yes, sometimes cold pizza and a Diet Coke are exactly what the doctor ordered for breakfast... and it's perfectly alright. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture of Cissy's bowl and collar is heart breaking. Hugs and much love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Todd is hilarious. I can see how he helps your spirits. I am still so sad about Cissy... Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our heart breaks with yours Kim! Its so hard to say goodbye
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sad to learn that Cissy has gone on. What a lovely, darling girl. It was always a delight to catch a glimpse of her. I will miss her but will remember this very sweet dog and her bright face. Bless you, Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!