Monday, February 3, 2020

The Weekend

Our weekend in quick picture review.

Nail Trim Girl came on Saturday and Rhett had his nails trimmed.  He's really good about it, and there are lots of treats afterwards. 
It takes two people to trim Sunny's nails. So Carl helps by holding him still. He had the hair on his feet trimmed up too. Rhett oversaw all of that.
Afterwards I picked up the winter farm share of vegetables for a friend who is out of town for the weekend. In exchange for picking it up and taking it to her home, I get to keep whatever I'd like.
I'll admit, I'm not much for winter root vegetables, but I did keep fresh eggs and carrots.
Max who was also along with me and Rhett approved of those choices.  
Groundhog Day on Sunday. Todd and I checked for our shadows.
The way our sky looked at the time, we had to agree with Puxatony Phil who didn't see his shadow. That's supposed to mean an early spring.
We're okay with that, but I am really hoping Mother Nature has a snowstorm or two for us.  I am missing winter.

You may have noticed, that Todd has been groomed. I took him last week, along with Charlie and Sophie. Sophie was just along for the ride so that the groomer (who is the one I got her from) could see how well she's doing, stayed for a spa day too.  Both were worn out afterwards.

And I am all rested as the week begins.  SORRY that I may have confused a few of you in my last post when I mentioned work. I AM NOT RETIRED, I still work 3 days a week. And I'll end this post now, because I've gotta get ready for work.   
~What my typical commute looks like~

12 comments:

  1. Hello, cute photos of all the furbabies. They look well behaved during their nail clipping. I will be happy for a early spring, we may not have had a lot of snow but we have had a cold January. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to come visit here if you are in need of a snow fix. It would be best if you waited until later in the week as the first couple of days most of our snow is going to melt but it will return by the end of the week. Everyone is looking good at your house. Our mom wishes we had a nail trim girl to come to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see pictures of all your pups! We cocker spaniels don't like anyone to mess with our feet. But we do need our nails and the fur between our toes clipped regularly. Usually that job is left to the expert, our groomer Miss Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone looks all nice an fluffy.
    We wish someone would come trim out nails here.

    ♥ Astro and Mitzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grooming, nail clipping, foot trimming. Sounds like everyone is good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how you can work three days a week and still take care of all the critters, sorry, doggies. I love the picture of Charlie sleeping on top of his friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, you deserve a spa day.

    Sometimes I wish that I had a two or three day a week job. I do volunteer work, but a paid job has it’s advantages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're all doing well in your house. Seems when a person retired, the work increases not decreases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, a busy busy weekend! But it sounds like everyone is healthy and happy, which is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that shot of the two sleepers. Sounds like things are running smoothly for awhile. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. With all those dogs, even if you didn't have a job you wouldn't be retired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Find some recipes for winter veggies and start cooking them I think you will be surprised at how tasty and filling they can be. Glad to hear that for now everyone and his dog are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!