Saturday, April 25, 2020

What We Know About Leo

Thank you all for taking a moment and sharing the loss of Gino. I really miss him, and miss having an outdoor cat. In the coming months, when the time is right, we'll see about maybe adding another.

In all that's been happening, I've not mentioned, that after two weeks, new arrival Leo, has settled in nicely. He's getting along really well with all the dogs, and the cats too.
Here's what we know about Leo ...

  • He countersurfs
  • He begs at the table
  • He wants to sleep on the bed
  • He loves treats so much so that he got into the treat bag of the girl who comes to trim nails
  • He has great eye-mouth coordination to catch those treats
  • He loves mealtimes
  • He doesn't come when called - When he knows you want him to come with you, when you reach for his collar, just as you get within inches of him, he'll playfully run off
  • He likes everyone (mostly women)
  • He is afraid of storms (like so many goldens)
  • He is always smiling and wagging his tail
  • He is always ready for the next fun thing to happen
We think Leo is perfect! And in the weeks ahead, he'll be available for adoption via the Golden Retriever Rescue.  
Leo will be a great addition to someone's home who will also love his fun and easy going personality and nature as much as we do!  

20 comments:

  1. Gino, your memories will live on forever. Leo, your smiling face is adorable, and you will have love wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about him catching his treats made me smile. Our first golden girl had all Leo's attributes. When we adopted a lab mix from the SPCA, I threw both of them treats. It hit the poor 14-month lab mix in the nose, and he looked so startled and insulted. It never occurred to me that all dogs didn't instinctively catch treats in the air. He forgave me and quickly learned. And I learned not to assume that the dogs we adopted after that would instinctively know how to catch treats. A few never could, including one of our adopted goldens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to Leo,

    He is a cutie! I've never met a dog that did not want to sleep on the bed. The Goldens do look like they are smiling all the time, happy dogs. Good luck to Leo! Take care and have a great day. Wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the list, Leo sounds just like most Goldens and Labs! He's such a handsome boy, and from the look on his face, he knows everyone will love him. I'm sure he'll find a new forever home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leo sounds like a fun-loving guy!! Nothing wrong with that. I bet he'd be more than happy to learn some manners (though breaking Luke of counter-surfing has been impossible for us!) :)
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! you have all the bases covered Leo. I hope a family comes who is worthy of all those personal talents! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our two dogs sleep on the bed. Kali goes under the covers when it is cool. I have to stay in my cage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leo sounds like the perfect addition to someone's family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hailey and Leo share many of the same traits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leo sure sounds like a fun guy. We're sure someone will scoop him up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, Leo sounds like a very charming boy. We hope that perfect home comes along for him.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. *haha* Sweet Leo... sounds like he has a wonderful personality, especially the love of eating. A man after my own heart. :-D Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love him already and I hope a good home will be found for him. What a lovely dog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leo looks like a nice boy. We know all about counter surfing. It trains the humans to put things away or at least far back on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim, I'm so sorry to learn that dear Gino has gone. I had (I really mean have) a soft spot in my heart for him. Leo appears to be a most darling boy; what a wonderful addition to the Golden Pines family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Leo may have been a bit spoiled. So sorry about Gino.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Leo is happy and you too!
    Although, caring about your heart.
    Hope a “Gino twin” will find a perch near you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Leo! I am so glad that he's such a sweet guy. R likes to stick his head in treat bags and chow down too! So Leo is in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like Leo will need some children? :)
    I guess when food goes missing, you know where to look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's been so long since you posted, I've become concerned. Hope all is well with you, the family, and all of your beloved dogs and cats.

    Hugs from near Richmond

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!