Sunday, August 22, 2021

My Plan Didn't Work

Home from overnight in Allentown Pennsylvania - I'm not quite sure how I got there, but we did, and made it home too. 

Thank-goodness for a GPS Navigation app (Waze) because I'd still be trying to find my way!

As I mentioned in my last post, we met Jodi, from the blog, Heart Like a Dog and her husband. They drove from where they live Connecticut -- Allentown was about 4 hours away, around half-way for both of us. 

We went into this knowing that Jodi and her husband may not be a match. But I'd really hoped that by staying overnight in a hotel, they'd meet Ree, get to spend some time with her, fall in love, and do whatever they could to make it work, and live happily ever after. At least that was my plan. 

~Ree did well at the hotel, she loved the bed!~

Jodi is struggling with back issues, and is sometimes not so steady on her feet. So, unfortunately for that reason, and Ree being a big girl, and a bit bouncy (sometimes jumping up) they were not a match. It goes without saying that I understand and totally respect those reasons. I know Jodi is also really disappointed. But I hoped .... We both had really hoped.  

Of course I am really, really sad and depressed about it. I think Jodi and her husband would have been a wonderful home and I really wanted them to be a match. So when I get over the disappointment that I'm feeling, I'll regroup and decide what to do next.

I know the cosmos is responsible for bringing Ree to us, and I hope you'll send some vibes back into the cosmos as we continue the journey to help Ree find her new forever home.

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Ree wasn't a match for Jodi and her husband. We're sure someone will come along but until then Ree will be happy to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is a firm believer that things happen for a reason. When the right situation is there, Ree will have that home. The cosmos is on your side:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the peeps got Kali from a shelter, she was a wild child. In fact, she was adopted out before and returned because she was too wild. Female peep said, "that's not a dog, it's a monster". Forward a few years and you can't pry Kali and female peep apart. She is now affectionately called "Kali monster".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that is so disappointing for you,and likely as much for that couple as well. Hope you can find a good match soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that it didn't work out for Jodi and Ree. However I'm sure there is someone out there who is exactly the right match. Until then, Ree will be very happy staying with you and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, it was not a match. I know you will find the right home and dog lovers for Ree. Take care, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're sure Ree will find her forever home soon. We'll just hoping and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry it didn't work out. You put so much effort into finding just the right home for these dogs. Ree is beautiful. I feel like the right person will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't Jodi know that Ree was energetic and big? Why would she even consider an energetic, big, & young dog if she has back problems? I'll continue to hope & pray for an even better home for sweet Ree. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn. Sorry to hear it didn't work. Every dog deserves love. Hopefully Ree will find hers in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks like such a sweet dog, I'm sure you will find someone who will fall in love with her. I'm so sorry it didn't work out, but it's better to know this up front than later on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Ree...sorry it didn't work out. An even better match will come up, that is my hope.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks like a wonderful dog. I'm sure her perfect forever person is out there searching for her. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm disappointed too! I know how much love Jodi has to give and how much she needs a wonderful dog in her life. I hope you find the right person for Ree soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The joys of a trip through Hershey and Fredericksburg in high summer. You deserve a medal. Don't despair everything has its time and its purpose. Rees day will certainly come. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish this had been the forever home for beautiful Ree, but have courage that the right home will come at the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!