Sunday, December 12, 2021

We Are Relaxed and Recharged

Well, after my last post about how bad I felt about everything, this past week could not have been more different than the previous one. Much like the weather has been from one day to the next. 

~Shelby and Max enjoying a sunny Sunday morning~

With Hansel and Gretel gone, even getting caught in traffic on the way home wasn't a problem because I wasn't feeling the pressure to get home. 

But I think the dogs were as worn out as I was.  The cats probably were too. 

~Ms.Yellow, not worried about who may be stalking her~

And, knock, knock, knock on wood, because of all of that, I've decided to really try to not take any new comers for now.  

~Jack is always okay with no newcomers!~

Having said that, back a couple of months ago, I agreed to keep a pair of foster dogs for the Golden Retriever Rescue over the holidays, which I think will be fine. They, Ginger and Charlie, were with us before, for a very short time, so knowing them already, I think (and hope) it'll be a quiet holiday for us. 

~Jake, he's fine with whatever happens~

Of course now that I've said that, that's probably what won't happen. But we can hope, right? 

8 comments:

  1. Wishing you a peaceful and happy Christmas and a joyful New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear all is well at Golden Pines. We'll keep our paws crossed that you have a peaceful time with the foster pups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope is always good!
    and you Need a bit of space with things more settled.
    time to renew your own strength and resilience.
    we all have such admiration for you! bless you Kim. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself, your pups and kitties. I think tammy j said it best. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, sometimes we have to endure the tough times to get to the happier times. So glad you had a better week and we certainly you have a peace-filled and blessed holiday season.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope you get the relaxation you need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that was good news! A better week was just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jake always says "whatever".

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!