Sunday, June 18, 2023

One Thing I Did

Todd has certainly been in the spotlight at our house lately, and I remain optimistic and hopeful about the direction and treatment I've chosen for him. Unfortunately we won't know if the Chinese herb and tincture is working until it doesn't. Time will tell. 

In between vet visits and work, I carved out time to do a few other things. 

One thing I did in May was to go to Lancaster Pennsylvania. My long time friend, Sid lives there, and I've not seen her since before the pandemic. We became instant friends years ago when she was also a president of the neighboring Golden Retriever Rescue. She's now housebound and unable to drive, so it was good to spend the day with my friend. 

I stayed in Lancaster for a couple of days and since I can't stay with  my friend, I stayed in the nearby town of Intercourse (yes, that it's real name) in a popular spot called Kitchen Kettle Village. It's a walkable village of local crafts, quilters, and all other kinds of shops. My favorites are always the 'foodie shops.' Can you tell why? 😊


But I stayed in one of the Inn's in the Kitchen Kettle Village, that was above one of the shops. 

With no elevator access to my room, the steps helped to ease any guilt I may have felt when I indulged  in the local fare. 

While there, I made time to go to a favorite local nursery for this year's bedding plants and a few vegetables too. Black Creek Greenhouse is truly one of the best in the area. 

I ended my trip to Lancaster with another longtime friend at an all women's conference in downtown Lancaster. 

~Roof-top parking gives a great view~

It was a much needed break for me. 

~Daisy~

But no matter what, it's always good to get home!

~Ree, Jack and Milo~

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a nice restorative time away. We are keeping our paws crossed for Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you got to see your friend in lancaster and visit those marvelous shops. Did you visit a quilt shop? That's where you'd have found me!
    Am glad Todd is doing well on his new mewds.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a chance to get away for a bit. Fingers crossed for Todd. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it was nice to get away and visit an old friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a good getaway and a much needed break for you. Those stairs look atrocious! OMD! They'd have to carry me up and down those wingdingers!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that Todd's new meds will work.
    Glad you had some time relaxing with friends and visiting favourite shops.
    It looks as though the dogs were all waiting to greet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Your getaway to Lancaster looks fun. It is nice you could visit with your friend. Cute photos of the doggies. The ice cream looks yummy. I hope Todd is doing well with the meds. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good you could visit your longtime friend and also have an enjoyable time to shop and visit . prayers the herbs will work for Todd

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely time away you had! I so much want that ice cream cone. Daisy is so pretty and all the dogs are looking good. Prayers for dear Todd's good health continue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great view from the roof top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi human friend, Ojo here! We are glad you got a break! We are also sure all the Dogs missed you very much and were very happy when you got home! (Did you save me any ice cream??)

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!