Sunday, July 16, 2023

Marley Arrives at Golden Pines

Another busy weekend as today we welcomed a nearly 12 year old boy, named Marley to Golden Pines. Marley comes to us via the Golden Retriever Rescue. Marley belonged to a grown son, but unfortunately after returning home (which, I'm told is a story in itself) a younger brother found himself allergic to Marley. 

Sometimes, as sad as it may be for a family to surrender their dog, their coming into a rescue can be a good thing for the dog. Marley's future was uncertain. For 5 years, he'd not seen a vet. And, as sad as I'm told it was for the son to say good bye to Marley, this last part of his life can and will be one where he's able to have the care and comfort that he should have at his respectable age. 

~Exploring the yard~

Marley has met most of his new packmates easily. 

~Sharing a moment with Iva~

Intros to Todd and to Jack will come later. Marley only gets one chance to meet them both, and when it goes smoothly that usually guarantees that there won't be any problems between them. So, I always take it very, very slow - Probably too slow, but it's just how I do things. 


-Welcome Marley - 


We're glad that you're here!

And we look forward to the chance to get to know you and love you too!



**A postscript to Carol (aka Coppa's Girl) -- 
I'm so sorry to read that you had return Amber to the rescue, and perhaps a 2nd one as well. As hard as it is, you are doing what is best for them. Just know that I'm cheering you on to find that right addition to your home - don't give up, I know you will find one another!!

15 comments:

  1. Welcome Marley! Always such a sad story for the dog, but now he will be taken care of and get the attention he needs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marley, you are in the best place and your previous family did their best for you.Love your smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you found a place where you will be loved and cared for, Marley. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how Marley's face is white and even white above his eyes, very distinguished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marley looks such a lovely boy, I'm sure he'll fit right in with the gang. He'll have such a wonderful time.
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement Kim, I plan to do some work with Paca, the girl I have now. Like most Spanish dogs she needs some training, mainly on the lead (leash) and her encounters with other dogs. She comes from a home environment so has settled in very quickly. She's a French bulldog/Staffordshire cross and very affectionate. Sadly there are no Labs or Goldens available at any rescues here. I was so lucky to have Indy, even for such a short time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marley is so lucky to have found your home. We're sure he will do well with all the love he gets from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely old boy! I'm glad he's getting along well with your other doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Golden Pines, dear Marley! Hoping all goes well with the remaining introductions. Iva is looking beautiful and I'm so glad to hear the encouraging news on Todd's health. I'm also wishing all the best to Coppa's Girl and Paca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marley so glad you are there and can get the Vet care you need. I don't understand people who don't take pets to the Vet...I know it is expensive but why get a pet if you cannot afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marley you are now in the best years of your Golden Life with pals, TLC and lots of places to roll in the cool grass
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky Marley...rolling in the grass "at home" already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, thank you for your words of support. Now that we know one another better, Paca is proving to be a sweet and loving companion.
    Marley's lovely goofy face is impossible to resist though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marley is about to have the best time of his life ! He looks like a character .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don’t know if you remember, but I had a golden once. Chloe lived to 14 1/2 years old, and Marley reminds me of her.

    Anyway, hello my friend! I’m so happy to see you are still rescuing and blogging! It feels like coming home, seeing so many of our past blogging friends still actively posting!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!