Friday, November 2, 2018

A Forever home for Kirsten - YOU Guess!

Back in March we welcomed Kirsten. And today, seven months later, Kirsten left us for her forever home.
~The day we met Kirsten, on March 31, 2018~
When Kirsten first became available for adoption, there was practically no interest in her. Then, like that, I had three inquiries about her.  I decided to meet each of them.
~Another first day photo of a skinny Kirsten~

The first Hopeful Adopter we met, Ms PhD was a single lady with a shy border collie mix named Frisky. With the passing of her last dog several months ago, Ms PhD really wanted Frisky to have a companion, so the two being compatible was important.  She lives in the country and is home most of the time and does therapy work with all her dogs. I let them all go for a walk together to get better acquainted. 


The second Hopeful Adopters, I'll call "the Grandparents" lived in the city and had specific hopes for their new addition. One requirement was that the new dog like and get along with young children. This was a concern because Kirsten came to us as a stray, so her past is totally unknown.  I let Grandma take her for a walk.

Finally, the third Hopeful Adopter I'll call Old Friend. It has been a number of years, but I knew her from the time that I served on the board of the rescue. She recently lost her Golden, and is looking for a dog to share her life and bed with. Old Friend lives in a retirement community so there are a lot of people and other dogs around. She took Kirsten for a walk too. 

I've tried to not give too much away, and I know the pictures aren't the best, but can you guess who was picked for Kirsten?  Leave your guess, and I PROMISE to post on Sunday with who KIRSTEN chose as her forever home.
~Kirsten, on her way to her forever home!~ 

20 comments:

  1. A book that ends with happy chapters ( and a touch of suspense ) always makes the best reading. Safe travels Kirsten and enjoy the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to your words, I studied the pictures . ..
    I repeated the above and repeated it again . . .
    Old Friend might have a new companion . . ,
    Yet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms PhD because Kirsten looks so relaxed in the photo: I am just so happy she has a forever home. Thank you for all you do AND for making me cry tears of joy (and sadness) on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, congrats to Kirsten on your new forever home. I am guessing Kirsten went home with the old friend. Hubby and I have thought about being a foster home for the dogs, we do not know how it works. Cute photos. Enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Patricia, I thought Kirsten looked most relaxed with Ms. PhD, so that's my guess, too, although I imagine that Old Friend's application would tug at your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that Kirsten found her forever home. Tough decision as all three of your adopters seem to be a good fit, but I would say Old Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice-let the dog decide. She has to live with her decision, you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Kristen chose Old Friend as it seems to me they will kindly fit each other's needs. I wonder if it seemed that way to Kristen, too?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My choice is going to be with #1 - MsPhD. Honestly, they all seemed to have a good home for Kirsten. I love that they each took time with her to help her, and you, decide. Congratulations Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that Kirsten found a good home and I think that Kirsten choose MsPHD she looks comfortable and has a dog companion as well and after this time she is used to being around other dogs. Bless the other two candidates I'm sure they would have treated her kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're always wrong when we guess, they all seem to be great homes. We know you'll choose the best. Glad she has found a home (and two backups if necessary.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know and am waiting to hear who she picked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a tough one to pick. They all sound like good homes. We are going to say Old Friend too.

    Thank you for giving Kirsten the chance to find that forever home.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thinking the first one with just one quiet dog and lots of help for Kristen in getting acclimated. Or maybe...hmmm. I think it must've been hard for you to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to guess...... MsPhD. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking Ms. PhD, but I'll go with Old Friend because Ms. PhD already has one companion, and Old Friend needs one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whomever she picked they are lucky to have such a great gal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will check in later this week when I get to the internet again. A lucky girl and she will be so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew you would make the perfect decision
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!