Thursday, September 5, 2019

Sophie Arrives at Golden Pines

YES, you have read that right.  In just 8 days from when we met Tanner, Sophie has arrived at Golden Pines, thanks to what I am pretty sure is the cosmos at work, and serendipity!   
Get comfy, because here's the story.... I FINALLY got around to making that grooming appointment that Todd has needed since July.  But there was a mix-up with his appointment and our new groomer (who bought the grooming salon in the spring).  So, since Todd didn't have an appointment with them, and our old groomer is now set up in her home about 30ish miles away, I called her.  I did this for two reasons.  One because I told her when she contacted me in the early part of summer that I would and second because I'd had this nagging feeling that I needed to call her. It was a feeling I just couldn't shake.

When I called our "old" groomer, Irina on Tuesday, the first thing she said, was not hello, but something like, "Hi Kim, I can't believe you are calling - I've been thinking about you.  I have a 13 year old Lab that needs a home."  What?!?!  Irina explained to me how the 90 year old owner had moved to an assisted living facility, and the son had taken Sophie and a siamese cat to the vet to be euthanized because he didn't want them. (go ahead, think it, I thought the same thing about the son too!!). The story gets a little vague here, but the vet said he'd take them both, and since Irina and the vet know each other, somehow Irina ended up with Sophie, who by the way, she has groomed her entire life. And today I took Todd and Charlie to be groomed, and met Sophie, and brought her home.
~A handsome and happy, worn out Todd on the way home~
In three words, Sophie is wonderful!  She has met our big crew with no problems whatsoever. The cats she would love to get to know, but they are having none of that.  I can only guess it's because she may be missing the cat she lived with....Irina (previous groomer) wants me to take the cat too.  We'll see.  But it has been a big day for Sophie, and she is fast asleep on a dog bed.

Welcome to Golden Pines Sophie!!




21 comments:

  1. Sophie looks like a wonderful dog indeed. :)

    When we lived in North Carolina, we had a Sheltie named Krissy with our three cats.
    One of the cats, George, wanted so much to make friends with her. He would lay on the floor when she was asleep, and slowly pull himself over to her until he was just barely touching her; and then just lay there.
    As soon as Krissy realized he was there, she would wake up and jump up and move. George would lay there and watch her disappear. He never did get her to like him enough to lay there with him.

    Hopefully Sophie will not miss her kitty for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she's beautiful ! How could the son not want such a gorgeous girl? How heartless - surely he could have tried to find both pets another home?
    Kim, you never cease to amaze me - you always have room for "just one more".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww... dear sweet Sophie! Lots of lives turn upside down with age, don't they. *sigh* I hope the owner is content in his/her new place. Such big changes for everybody. God bless you for coming to the rescue yet again, dear heart. You are an angel from Above. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any more room at your " Inn"? always, I am sure, and another one to be loved and cared for. She is beautiful.Dear Sophie, your previous Mum will be so happy if she knew where you are right now,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing you did :) I always wonder in these situations - is it possible to let the poor owner know that their pets have landed in a wonderful and safe place?? So sad for them not to know what has happened :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh darling girl!!! blessings heaped upon you.
    you are one in a million. welcome sweet Sophie! you are in for the time of your long life. :D
    and Todd... you little humbug! nice to see you all trimmiefied and grinning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy Sofie is with you, and Tanner too. So glad you called your old groomer. It was meant to be. You have a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sofie is so lucky you called your former groomer that day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Say hello to Sophie for us!

    We took in an older cocker spaniel many years ago whose owner had died. His name was Honey. Problem was, Honey was from a house with no kids. Our house at that time had the four school age siblings running around. Honey would get very upset about all the activity. We finally found him a new home (with no kids) where he was adored and well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news! Welcome Sophie! All my dogs have been rescues and all have been wonderful. My current fella has been with me for 8 years and he is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Todd had to get presentable for Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome, welcome to dear Sophie and Tanner! They're both beautiful. I'm very sad to learn that darling Baloo has gone; I had a special place in my heart for him. How very touching that he was officially adopted at Golden Pines, his forever home. Rest easy, sweet boy, until you are reunited with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of those meant-to-be stories! Welcome Sophie. Sounds like both Tanner and Sophie want to befriend the cats....We're glad the vet didn't follow the son's orders.
    Todd looks gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can understand the son not being able to keep the animals but to kill them.,.,.,🤬 I am thankful the vet took them and they found loving homes. My will asks my sister to find appropriate homes for any pets. Because I can understand if she doesn't feel she can take them. I know she would only have them euthanized for medical need. What a world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom has always wanted a Siamese cat so she thinks you need to consider adopting Sophie's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Only you can make a grooming appointment and come home with a dog. What a sweetheart Sophie is. And what a total jerk the owner's son is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to your new, wonderful home, Sophie!! What a beauty you are. Once again, things seem to happen for a reason. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome Sophie! You are so beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!