Sunday, November 10, 2019

Good News for Sadie and Sophie!

Having worked every day the previous week, I was looking forward to Thursday and Friday and getting a few things done at home and catching up. But the end of last week could not have been more hectic or stressful.
It began with Sadie on Thursday morning. After a vet visit to have her staples taken out and a few errands, it was time to come home to pack her up. Even though it had just been a week, someone was coming to meet Sadie with the hope of adopting her. I wasn't ready to let Sadie go. She is such an easy going girl with a gentle soul, and there was a big part of me that wanted to keep her.
~I loved Sadie's smiling face!~
But, I had to be honest because as hard as I tried to find fault with Sadie's hopeful adopter, I just couldn't find anything. She is kind, caring and compassionate. There was a connection between the THREE of them right away. And so I said good-bye to Sophie, who now has a dachshund brother named Marshall and she'll be going to work daily with her new owner, who is a Registered Nurse.
I've gotten several reports and photos, and all is going really well. Registered Nurse couldn't be happier to have Sadie as part of her life!  Judging by the photo below, I think Marshall agrees too.
***And I'll add here the the tumor that Sadie had was a Spindle cell sarcoma which is a type of connective tissue cancer. The slow-growing-tumor won't metastasize, but because there was not a good clean margin when it was removed, it will likely reoccur. Despite that it may grow back, it's still good news for Sadie!  

We landed on Friday when Sophie went to see the holistic vet for her first follow up since she started taking the chinese herbs for her thyroid cancer. Holistic Vet was happy with how Sophie was doing and felt confident in saying that she thought that the lump on Sophie's thyroid hasn't gotten any bigger. Like Sadie, that's good news for her too!

With the good news for the girls, I'll end this post asking if you remember these two boys from a previous post? On Monday, I'll tell you about them.

14 comments:

  1. George looks familiar. Glad your pack is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 out 2 in - lol isn't that the rule?

    So when do they arrive at your house???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honest Abe and Lonesome George.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news about Sophie, so glad she's found someone to care for her, and a new canine companion.
    The two new boys are gorgeous, and remind me of two of my Labs from years gone by. I'm sure they will both find forever homes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for Sophie! That Marshall is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, so good to hear happy news. I am glad for Sophie, Abe and George. Hugs for all! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent news all around. Can't wait to hear about the new pack members.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like Sadie and Marshall are both pleased with the new family connection. Can't wait to meet your next addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like Sadie landed in the perfect home. We think Marshall is very happy to have a new sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great news all around! I love posts like these showing how they've adjusted to their new home. thank you to ALL people like you who work for these precious animals to have a life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely heart-warming story. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great news for Sadie, I understand how tough that must have been for you. Our golden Sheba had spindle cell. With two surgeries and no other medical treatment she did quite well for two years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, yay, yay for Sadie. You got her there, and now she'll be pampered like you pampered her for the rest of her life. I am smiling.

    I also love Sophie's good news!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!