Friday, January 10, 2020

The Barkalot Brothers Go Home

~A little bit of snow on Tuesday~
On Thursday, Abe and George, or the Barkalot Brothers returned to the person who loved them first - Their original owner, Paul.

I was pretty sure that I didn't want to be the one to return the Barkalot Brothers to Paul. But the cosmos had something else in mind because I was asked to do it. Despite my feelings, I knew I needed and should see this through and make sure for myself that Abe and George's return to Paul was the right decision.

I spoke with Paul the evening before and he was quite emotional about Abe and George coming home. He was really missing them. He said he felt right away that it was a mistake to give into the pressure by his family to give them up. But he felt he had no choice. Paul told me about what the two meant to he and his wife who as you may remember, passed away 2 years ago. And I'll confess to being curious about her afterwards and looked up her obituary online.  Abe and George were mentioned in it. 
George remembered Paul right away and whined and cried. He was not the only one. I could tell Paul's brother who'd come with him, felt the emotions in that moment too. Abe was a little bit aloof at first. I think it may have been because of his blindness, but after a minute or two, it was obvious he remembered Paul. Both dogs remembered how to get into his truck and with that, they were ready to go home!

Paul called me last evening to thank me (and the rescue) again for caring for George and Abe. He told me that they'd settled in and were sleeping in their old spots. I know it's how it should be and all is right in their world. And it's eerily quiet in ours.

22 comments:

  1. Happy you are enjoying quieter . . .
    And happy the “bark-a-lot” “kids” are with Paul.
    Nice of him to call you with a ‘thank you!’

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they had a happy ending! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are home and they are needed there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cosmos is usually right. When you say Abe and George were mentioned in his wifes online obituary you know they were in a special place. Liked the final picture of the paw print in the snow but the support you gave the two brothers was enduring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy they are back in their home and I hope the owner is able to care for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it has turned out all right...fingers crossed anyway. Enjoy the peace, we're sure there'll be a new resident soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will be happy, and hopes that the gap is not too big, maybe another new one will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, Kim. I am glad that they are home. You gave them a bridge during a rough time so that this day could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad to hear the boys are back with their dad. It's good to know they remembered him and were happy to be reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hope things go well for Paul and the boys. We also think it was good for you to meet Paul and feel how much he loves them. All the best to the three of them, and many thanks for all that you did for the Barkalot Boys.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope they get settled back into their old home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing all the best for Abe,George and Paul. He obviously loves them, so glad you were there to help
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I wish all the best for Abe, George and Paul. I am glad you are there helping all the dogs. Enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful for Paul to have his family back. I can only imagine how much he must have missed them. It is wonderful that a rescue could offer them protection during a terrible time and now reunite them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope the end of the story is a happy one for George and Abe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad that Abe and George have been reunited with Paul, and wish them all the very best. I hope that it all works out, and Paul id able to cope this time.

    Kim, you did a wonderful job looking after those two noisy boys and now you can enjoy some peace and quiet before the next deserving furry one arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this decision was hard, but it sounds like it was a happy reunion. Enjoy the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This brings tears to my eyes. I am not sure if it's because they are going home? or if it is because I am worried for their health? or if giving you peace is their gift for being vocal? Looking at them in the back seat, I can almost hear them "barking."
    Glad you have some quiet for now. I am sure Todd will keep things lively. The Gang will be all settled now, back into their routines. TREATS!!!!
    May the New Year be BLESSED.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my heart is happy.
    you did the right thing. and the fact that Paul called you...
    I think he's a good man. and knows an angel when he meets her.
    bless you darling bean. XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reunited and home at last. I wish them all the very best. Yes, how very quiet it must seem at Golden Pines. Dear Abe and George.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like those boys are back where they belong, and Paul was pressured to do something he never really wanted to.
    Enjoy your quiet!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy that Paul has his "boys" home again, I think it was the right choice. You were so awesome to step up and care for them in their need.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!