Thursday, August 20, 2020

I Felt So Lucky

Its been a bit of an emotional roller-coaster for the last week or so. At some point, I may share why its been that way, and only say right now, at the start of the day, I'm emotionally worn out. I came home yesterday from work, changed my clothes and in the peace and quiet of our guest room, I laid on the bed and closed my eyes.
I was immediately joined by Todd who snuggled up right next to me. In the next moment Max came in and he also jumped on the bed, and laid down on the other side next to me. Max was quickly followed by a very happy George, Leo, Sophie, and Charlie who each stood on the side of the bed wagging their tails - George also tried to crawl on the bed.

Study after study has shown that our pets help us to maintain a more positive, optimistic perspective on life. And I've read that they can even lessen the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Whatever magic they have to do what they do best, that moment lifted my spirits and went straight to my heart and nurtured me in a way that nothing else could or can. I felt so much better. I felt so lucky. I am so lucky.

20 comments:

  1. Our pups do a great job of lifting our spirits when we are down. Sorry to hear you had a bad week though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope thing get better in the weeks to come. I enjoy coming to your site and sharing the antics of all your furry "friends" so much. You will never know how much comfort I got from visiting you and yours during the final months of my husband's life. Things at home were going downhill fast, but I could always count on you to life my spirits. I just wish I could do that for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Cute photo of the furbaby and the butterflies are lovely.
    I remember a time hubby and I had four dogs and a king size bed, there was no room for us humans on the bed. I hope all is well. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're just made of pure love. LOVE.
    and you know... it's magical.
    bless you Kim! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over these past terrible months, so many of us have found consolation in the unconditional love our pets give us. I'm so glad that your fur babies were there to cosset you and lift your spirits - they have such remarkable empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bunch of pups you have! Yes, they do sense when you're down and know just what to do to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unconditional love, they truly love us more then themselves. You are rich with love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...there is nothing that can match that magical love and to just surrounded by it is the best! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww (((((((((((Kim)))))))))))! You know what? This very subject was exactly what I had in mind before reading this blog post from you. No kidding. They say great minds think alike.... I don't know how "great" of a mind I have but in our case I think it's a matter of "compassionate minds think alike". Love you, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. They understand so well, far more than we might realise, and comfort from the pack is what was right for you just then. Hope you feel the love they gave and will give, and they continue to give that much needed comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad they are there for you when you need them most! ♥
    Hope things get better soon.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a very tough time in our world, so it doesn't take much to bring one down. We can tell you for sure what a lift our dogs bring to our life. We learned that 1000-fold when Misty came home. We hope the rough patch smooths out quickly. >>

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is so much better with animals around, unconditional love all around us. We are lucky.
    Mental hugs from here to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry the week was so bad, but I'm so glad your pups were there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you find more peace this week. Give that pack a pet from me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dogs are so good at reading our moods. My boys were especially attuned to mine but little Mackey seems to know when I need a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoping by now (Saturday), you are feeling better. How sweet your companions all came into the room to be with you. I have to ask...just how big is that guest room bed!? 😆

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pups are so sweet! They love you.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!