Monday, September 5, 2022

Two Visitors

Before the weekend ends, I want to wish you a happy and safe Labor Day. Whether you’ve traveled or stayed put, or have laid low, I hope you've had a good weekend. Its been pretty quiet around here. I did work at the end of last week to give my counterpart at the office needed time off. 

We don't get much company to our house, but we have had two visitors the last few days.
~Flowers from our second Visitor~

The first one, yesterday. Perched in a tree is what I think may be a juvenile Bald Eagle. I'm not sure. It was being chased by a crow, which I understand is not that unusual. I think it just needed a rest from being harassed.  **Does anyone know for sure if it's a young Eagle?


The other visitor came to see Ree. You'll recall it was a rule-breaking cosmos moment that brought her to us via a 3rd party. But her first owner, Marie, and I have become friends, and she has really wanted to see Ree again. Marie was traveling through our area, and so it worked out for her to stop by. I didn't take any photos. 

It was an emotional reunion and Marie cried as Ree stayed by her the entire visit -- and I don't think it was just because she brought treats. 
~Ree and Daisy waiting for a gifted-treat from Marie~

Ree, formally named ReeRee is Marie's childhood name and how she's known to family and so it's how our Ree, got her name. 

The love that Marie has for Ree is obvious. But the changes in her life, having to sell her home because of an invalid husband, along with other changes in circumstances are heartbreaking, and life-changing. It all made it impossible for her to keep Ree. However Marie is persevering and hopeful for her life ahead.  

We had a nice visit getting to know one another, and my getting to hear fun stories about Ree as a puppy and growing up. 
As our visit was ending, I told Marie that she was welcome to come anytime to see Ree. I felt some sadness and doubt in her response about our meeting again. And as I watched Marie kiss Ree and whisper something to her, I had a feeling that they will not see one another again. 
I think that Marie wanted to make sure Ree was okay, 
and I think that she wanted to say good-bye. 
~Down our driveway after Marie left~

Afterwards, I couldn't help but feel sad for them both. ❤

13 comments:

  1. Life's changes have far fetching effects, and in Marie's own life she will know this so well. But the visit, reassurance, and seeing Ree so loved would give her heart all it needed. Beautiful flowers, an eagle maybe, both showing you that love is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers and a sweet story of Marie's visit with Ree, y you, and the pack. I hope it works out that Marie and Ree can meet again.
    Yes, I think that's probably a juvenile bald degle as they don't get white heads until they're 5 years old (learned that on a Disney streaming channel recently!).

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs.
    I am pretty sure the bird is an immature eagle; or possibly an immature of a larger hawk like a red-tailed.
    And yes, smaller birds will chase them to interrupt a hunt.

    A blessed Labor day to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine having to give up any of my animals. So sorry that Marie and Ree Ree had to go through this....but at least she knows the dog is loved and well cared for. That has to offer some comfort. Thank you for all that you give to these pups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Marie is comforted in seeing how well Ree is doing and that she knows Ree is very much loved where she is. It must be so difficult to have to give up a family member like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How emotional it must have been for both Mari and Ree. I hope Ree wasn't too distressed when Marie didn't take her home.
    My one big worry, since I've been widowed, has always been that I might have to give up my dog. Apart from helping them to the Rainbow Bridge, I think it's the worst thing that could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    It is awesome to see the juvenile Bald Eagle so close. I am glad Marie could come and visit with Ree. Take care, enjoy your and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have no idea how I wish you could take care of my Faith should I not be able to. How I wish you would be closer. You are such a kind and loving person and there are just so many dogs that need someone like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwwww.... poor Marie! While it's wonderful that Marie's heart can be settled, knowing Ree hit the jackpot in a new home, it's still got to be heartbreaking to know she had to give Ree up to begin with. I can't imagine the situation or how to survive it! I'm so glad you "broke the rules" and allowed Marie to see Ree, Kim. Even tho it was sad, I'm sure in the totality of it, it was a wonderful thing for Marie to know Ree is alright & in a stable and wonderfully loving home. Perhaps it indeed was Marie's good-bye to Ree and if that's the case, I'm glad it happened. Good-byes are really important things! You are an angel, Kim!!!!! Love you~ Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even know either one but I too, feel sad for them both and also joy for Ree that she has landed in the best home ever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I feel sorry for them both so sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you could let Marie see Ree again. I can only imagine what a good feeling that must have been, knowing how much I love and would miss one of our dogs. What a beautiful path going into your place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ree and Ree's former person, this is very sad indeed. Ree you are so very lucky that you found another wonderful home and have had so many people in your life who love you! I have not seen some of my people in a Very Long Time either because of something called Divorce, but I have not forgotten them and I am still Very Happy. Ree I am sure it is the same for you! Us Dogs can be happy wherever we are loved, and our hearts can fit so many people. Ree, you have extra-family and extra people who love you!

    Also, my person thinks that is indeed a young eagle but isn't sure what kind it might be. It is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!