Saturday, October 8, 2022

Ree's Sneakiness

Our days start pretty early at our house. By about 5 o'clock in the morning, the lights are on as we get ready for a workday. However on the weekends and with the colder mornings it's so nice to sleep in a little longer. Most of the dogs let us do that - All except one... Ree. 

In the past couple of months, by 5 AM, Ree is awake and she starts to get antsy, whining, scratching, pacing from up and down on my side of the bed. Even if I don't open my eyes and pretend I am asleep she keeps making noise. 

Of course I thought that she needed to be let outside. So, I'd get up, and of course I'd be followed by one or two of the other dogs who were happy to be let out - I'll note here that Todd is usually sleeping in. 

But in getting the dogs out, feeding the cats, I don't go back to bed, I stay up and get the day started. And so I'm not sure when I finally noticed that Ree doesn't want to be let outside. What Ree wants is my place in bed. 

~On the bed - Ree's favorite place anytime of the day~

That affectionate, un-co-operative, playful, independent, never-shy, life of the party, laid back girl is pretty sneaky.  And I fell for that sneakiness. ❤

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting my day w a smile. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Is there a pet bed heating pad in Rees' future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Ree is a smart dog. She is keeping the bed warm. Cute story. Love the cute doggie photos. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these Labs are so smart, I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time she wakes you up like that, and you want to continue sleeping, you just need to make room for her and invite her to snuggle with you. Millie does a similar thing to my husband and since there is plenty of room in the bed he just slides back from the edge and lets her up next to him. She loves to snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Maybe a heating pad for a dog bed would help? :-)
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course Ree would want the best spot on the bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheeky Ree - she just wanted you to warm the bed! Todd has the right idea - weekends are for sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BOL BOL BOL Ree what a beautiful and funny girl who knows everything Mom has is the best and she wants your warm place.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. B e a u says to tell r e e that whatever works keep doing it! He said to tell her that he gets mama up that way but his is at 3:15 or 3:30 and he wants his breakfast as soon as he gets up he walks up and down beside the bed until I wake up

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is pretty smart! Nice of you to get up so she can go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy, does that sound familiar. Five am kick offs work fine in the summer but up this far north are a right royal pain as the winter darkness sets in from four in the afternoon to six thirty in the morning. Thankfully, after generations of early risers we seem to finally have a canine companion that sleeps when it's dark and saves her frenetic activity to when it's light.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!