Saturday, February 11, 2023

It's About Balance

Yet another vet visit this week and this time it was Ree's turn. Let me just start this by saying that she's a terrible traveling companion. Even though she happily gets into the car, she'll sit directly in back of me and barks at everything that she sees. She also likes to have the window down so she can stick her nose out to sniff the air. Lesson learned to remember to use a crate next time. 

We've had Ree for over a year now, but she'd never met our vet. So, it was time that she did. Ree was really good, and we're waiting on the bloodwork results to be returned. 

So, after being the defender and protector of my van yesterday, today Ree's job was laying around and doing nothing. 

I think that there are days when I'm just like Ree. Some days all I do is bark at everybody, and some days I just want to lay on the floor and do nothing.  I think Ree has got it right. It's all about balance. ❤

~The snowdrops are blooming!~

16 comments:

  1. Ree, you'll be a better traveller next time for sure. Snowdrops, my Mum grew them alongside a huge hedge on our farm when I was a child, and they almost always flowered on our birthday , the same day in July. Bark or lie still,Kim, whatever is best for you and Lee !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, should be " Ree "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute conclusion. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. A visit to the vet hasn't phased Ree one bit - what a happy girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I think Ree is a happy dog and wants the world to know it. Love the snowdrops and the cute Ree photos. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you might need a pair of ear plugs the next time you take Ree to the vet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good balance to me....hugs guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a lab that loved to get in the car but then she was nervous the whole time she was in it. Now I have a gsd that was carsick for the first two years but still wants to go now. Then all she does is pace and whine. But if you leave her home, she is horrified at you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great analogy! I feel the same way sometimes. lol Hope Ree's test result come back clean. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hope Ree's test results will be satisfactory. Lovely snowdrops!

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hope Ree's bloodwork is OK. Yang is terrible in the car he tries to tear his carrier apart. The rest of us do OK in the car but Yin is a wildcat at the vets office. They have her marked as a feral cat. LOL at home she lets the grandkids pet her. And Fenris as always is the perfect dog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see a good dog finding a good balance in life. And the snow drops are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ree is such a big beautiful dog. I hope her bloodwork comes back all good. The snowdrops are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ree earned a good rest after such a big day! Yes, lovely snowdrops. We have our first daffodils. Hurray for Spring! It's so good to see you posting! Finally I think I'm Stephanie again rather than anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Speak--I really enjoy your comments! Thanks for stopping by today!!